Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Willing To Postpone Retirement To Fight at Rio Games

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
    Dude get a grip. PAC beating up some 18 yr old to win a gold medal is not impressive

How would winning a gold medal be any diff than winning a world title when you already fight the best of the best 1v1?
    how do you know pac will just be fighting 18 years old amateurs?

and, come to think of it, how old was verdejo when he turned pro?

how old was pac when he turned pro?

are very young fighters not fed to the dogs (can't help using this) when they were allowed to fight in the pro business? because it is business?

i don't hear people howling loud when young amateurs join the pro circuit...

Comment

Originally posted by tibbar View Post
      do you really believe that? in the olympics? teofilo stevenson probably in his prime or 3 years post prime, or any upper weight class i am referring of course how you used that word "spanks".
      It's a simple question since Pac is a shot fighter

Comment

Originally posted by tangalog2200 View Post
        how do you know pac will just be fighting 18 years old amateurs?

and, come to think of it, how old was verdejo when he turned pro?

how old was pac when he turned pro?

are very young fighters not fed to the dogs (can't help using this) when they were allowed to fight in the pro business? because it is business?

i don't hear people howling loud when young amateurs join the pro circuit...
        Because fighters coming out of the amateurs typically fight journeymen and outright bums, not world class fighters. Young fighters spend years gaining experience against crap and average pros before they fight the best. Even exceptional amateurs like Rigondeaux and Lomachenko.

Do you know anything about the sport of boxing?

Comment

there is always a wow in getting an olympic gold medal...

if it takes beating a bunch of amateurs or even a bunch of pros, an olympic gold medal is highly appreciated....countries spend so much to develop their sports and win medals along building goodwill amongst other nations....

it is up to the countries to send their best, amateurs or pros....
          No, there is only a "wow" if the competition is fair. One amateur beating a bunch of other amateurs for a gold medal is "wow." And even then, such as with the best amateurs that fight in the Olympic into their mid-20s, the respect they get and deserve diminishes because their experience and age makes it somewhat unfair when they beat up on kids with 1/4 their experience.

So there's definitely nothing special or noteworthy about world class fighters beating on those same amateurs. There's only shame that a championship level fighter would stoop so low.

Comment

Originally posted by tibbar View Post
            to borrow a word from you, since its like you are fond of calling names, you yourself deserve being called the same.. "hey dummy" if Manny can box in the olympics because he is allowed and likes it, every professional boxers is also allowed and theyre not being prevented to, its not Mannys problem if those other professionals do not like to. If hatton, floyd or other welterweights would like to they can fight Manny for the Olympic Gold, if they dont its not Manny's problem. If countries would send their own pro boxers to fight Manny well they can if they want to send amateurs well they also have the rights to. whats wrong with that? besides its amateur rules theyre going to follow. your comparison is way off.
            nobody said anything about pro boxers being allowed to compete or not.

the point is that its dumb for a pro fighter, a legend to even think about wanting to compete in the olympic.

and next time u try quoting me make sure u read the whole conversation first!

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
            no you dummy if you paid attention nba players play in the olympics so do other pro athletes in other sports as well.

Comment

"i can guarantee u that aint no pro boxer at manny's level or even close to it will be thinking about joining lol."

too early to say that...and you don't really know what other pro boxers really think...

wlad is one open to join...and more may follow suit...
              well lets see, have u heard any pro boxers, one at manny's level even talking about joining????

Comment

Originally posted by Courage Award View Post
                i dont get it either, why would fighting in the olympics diminish respect for him?

sometimes 1 guy on here types something and 50,000 others repeat it and nobody stops to think if it even makes sense

in other sports its normal for pros to play in the olympics, its considered a duty even

boxing is a very ******ed environment, half of them are saying he will murder his helpless amateur opponent, the other half are saying it will be embarrassing to watch him soundly beaten, damn they just repeat each other like monkeys
                but u guys complain about cherry pick fights, rematch that makes no sense, etc. so gtfho!

Comment

you are not really aware of the circumstances how pac came into pro boxing....

it was due to poverty....and the money is in being a pro fighter...
                  i know all about manny's story coming up. i think there's like 20 documentary out about it so how can i miss it.

a legend wanting to compete in the olympic most likely against all am fighters. lol.

Comment

The reason why pac is open in competing in the Olympics is because he wants to become the first Filipino to capture gold medal in the Olympics

Comment

Originally posted by WSSD View Post
                      nobody said anything about pro boxers being allowed to compete or not.

the point is that its dumb for a pro fighter, a legend to even think about wanting to compete in the olympic.

and next time u try quoting me make sure u read the whole conversation first!
                      why is there a need to read all of your conversation it wont change anything its still true you are fond of name calling, now its pro fighters that is dumb to fight in the olympics so whats new? so prof athletes in other sports like michael jordan and kobe are also dumb for playing in the olympics?

Comment

Working...
                      X