Advice on hanging Heavy Bag in low ceiling basement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on hanging Heavy Bag in low ceiling basement

Hi,
    I have an unfinished basement with exposed beams that are 82" from the floor. I've tried to hang two different types of heavy bag hangers (everlast heavy bag hanger, and pro mountings rafter) and both are shaking the room above (dining room) significantly. Any tips?
    I have two bags that I use primarily (80Lb traditional bag, 120 lbs aqua bag).

Anyone have any experience with wall hangers? I need something that's quiet and doesn't shake the house

Thanks guys

If you attach the heavy bag to any rafter/beam/wall it's going to rattle the home when struck. I have a stand in my garage that I weighed down with sandbags and hung my heavy bag from.

Comment

Thanks, what kind of stand? can it hold a 120 lbs aqua bag?

Comment

I've got this one with a 100 pound heavy bag. I have the stand weighted down with 4 sandbags. I'm sure it could handle another 20lbs. I have it set against the garage wall but with a folded bed pillow between the stand and wall to absorb the shock.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
        Last edited by VegasMichael; 07-15-2018, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VegasMichael View Post
          I've got this one with a 100 pound heavy bag. I have the stand weighted down with 4 sandbags. I'm sure it could handle another 20lbs. I have it set against the garage wall but with a folded bed pillos between the stand and wall to absorb the shock.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
          Ive got the same setup as you but I use an old 16 oz glove as a shock absorber...I learned the hard way trying to hang a 100 lb bag from my ceiling joists.

Comment

Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
            Ive got the same setup as you but I use an old 16 oz glove as a shock absorber...I learned the hard way trying to hang a 100 lb bag from my ceiling joists.
            Great minds think alike. Have you been happy with the stand thus far? After I set it up and hung the bag I nearly knocked it over after some punches so knew I had to weigh it down. And no, I'm not bragging about my punching power.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Unfortunately that stands not going to work since the height doesn't appear to be adjustable and bottom of the joists to the floor is only 82"
              Have you tried wall hangars, and if so have they shook the house?

Love the Smiths avatar, btw!

Comment

This one looks interesting:
                titleboxing.com/title-double-trouble-heavy-bag-stand-with-bag

Comment

Working...
                X