Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Amir Khan Been Avoided By More ATGs Than Any Other Fighter In History?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan that fought Alexander would be a serious problem for Floyd. He might get tagged but I don't think Mayweather just have the punching power to truly rock Khan.

Comment

Khan has never been avoided.... stop it

Comment

Berto really earned that fight tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          Pacquiao did the same thing. Does having more fans than Maidana earn you a fight? Especially when most of Khan's fans are from Pakistan and bring no money.
          I am shocked and appalled Robbie.

Pakistan super-power 2020

Comment

Khan being 'ducked' by elite fighters is just a fantasy dreamed up on a Bolton mini cab rank.

While he has some skills (hand-speed mainly) any elite fighter can either overcome this.

My biggest problem with Khan and his (mostly Pakistani) fan base is that they fanatically believe their own BS.

They are the Alex Jones's / info wars of boxing... there is some small truth in what they say, but 99% is just hyperbole and nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
              Some people are saying Khan isn't deserving lol, more deserving than Vargas, Horn, Algeri, Rios, Berto, Gurrero, and Ortiz
              Khan isn't deserving because him and his fans are annoying. He has a grandiose perception of himself. I'm sure he thought he was equal in status to Mayweather and Pacquiao, which he wasn't. Boxing fans didn't lose any sleep over him not getting beat by much better fighters than himself. At least he got a chance to be put to sleep by Canelo so that should make his fans happy.

Comment

His fault I went about getting a fight the wrong way. Not fighting and stalking Manny, and Floyd. If he was racking up wins it would forced their hand well at least Floyd (Arum)

Comment

I would have thought he learned his lesson but no, still not active calling out top fighters! And this time after getting murdered.

Comment

It is true that he won polls when both Mayweather and Pacquiao put that out there.

At the Mayweather Promotions website, Khan beat Maidana 57% to 43%.

Maidana 57% – Khan 43%: Ring TV Poll

Maidana 82% – Khan 18%: ESPN Deportes

Maidana 62% – Khan 38%: ESPN

It’s quite possible that Khan would have swamped Maidana on all of the above mentioned websites if he had told his 1.4 million twitter followers to flock to the those websites in an effort to vote him into the fight with Mayweather, like he had done with the Mayweather website

http://www.************.com/2014/02/...thers-website/

As you can see above, it could just be that Mayweather's team realized a poll was not the best way to go about setting a match (give me a ****ing break. None of these promoters are going to let the public dictate what they do no matter how many polls they promise to honor), and we know Khan didn't earn the fight, but you do wonder if the pay would have been better than a Maidana fight. But then again, Maidana was hot after beating what casuals thought was the Mayweather mini-me, so they pounced on it. Maidana roughed him up good in the first one and hit him with a shot that breaks faces in his cheating horsehair gloves in the 2nd fight, so we actually got some gritty good shlt out of these two. As a true boxing fan, I choose Maidana over Khan all day.

However, it's too bad the fight with Khan didn't happen just to see how much his speed could have bothered Mayweather, how Mayweather adjusts to it, and if it's true what everyone says about Floyd having a hell of a lot more power than he seems to have. It would clearly be a fight where he should look to lay the guy out.

Didn't Mosley say Floyd hits as hard as Canelo? Seems like an odd comparison, doesn't it? Especially after witnessing how Canelo laid Khan out.

Comment

Mayweather Pac Marquez would've brutalized and embarrassed Con. Bradley declined the fight to take on Pacquiao, who was a much bigger challenge. Not sure how Bradley and Con would've played out, and Bradley isn't an ATG.

Con's fans are as delusional as he is.

Comment

Working...
                      X