Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video: George Foreman exposes Muhammad Ali: 'He avoided rematch with me.'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's just like George's petty ass to have to toss that in during an interview to celebrate Ali.

Comment

Ali and Foreman actually were gonna have a rematch... Ali just taunted Big George and made him earn it, and that whole 5-on-1 exhibition nonsense was actually something that was set up by the two of them in order to provide hype for the upcoming rematch between them soon (Ali even did commentary during it.) But then Foreman lost to Jimmy Young, dehydrated, had a strange religious conversion, left boxing for ten years, and when he returned, Ali was already old, ill, and long retired.

I suppose he could have granted him a second shot right away, but when you dominate and finish your opponent (especially someone thought to be unstoppable like Big George was back then), you can't really fault them for not doing so. Knocking your opponent out doesn't really demand a rematch like the way having a close fight would of.

Comment

Ali was no dummy he knew George fought a stupid fight and would have corrected the stupid things he did

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
          Ali was no dummy he knew George fought a stupid fight and would have corrected the stupid things he did
          That's not the first time I heard that.

I've said it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx... View Post
            I don't get the reason behind threads like this at all, Ali fought everyone, lost some and won most and PEOPLE STILL ****ING COMPLAIN?
            This era of "boxing fans" is pathetic man. It truly is

Comment

Ali was smart avoiding Foreman in a 2nd fight no point to it.

Beating Big George Foreman once was enough for Ali especially via the stunning KO. Why give the younger stronger Foreman another shot at Ali and his new title belt? Ali fooled Foreman once and there were easier fights for Ali with less risk. Ali even threw the Spinks fight for even more maney in the return fight. Ali was astute and wise and understood boxing was a game of showmanship and skill combined to make huge amounts of cash. Let Foreman whine all he wants as Foreman was the one KO'd and ridiculed.

Comment

Foreman taking a year off after the loss cost him an immediate rematch. His wins over Frazier and Lyle rebounded him into top contention but then he blew the Young fight after which the Ali rematch should/would likely have happened. As we know, Foreman retired again after this and disappeared from ring action for a decade...

Comment

coulda..shoulda...woulda...let it go man. doesn't matter how much you hate he smashed foreman the end..foreman suffered depression for a long time after the fight..that's something which will chase him his whole life..no matter what he says,he lost and it's already in the history books and doesn't matter how butt hurt you are Ali is staying the greatest boxer of all time..now keep making butt hurt threads maybe the history books will change it's mind

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
                    It's just like George's petty ass to have to toss that in during an interview to celebrate Ali.
                    No he was just keeping it REAL. Foreman is the real alpha male, not Ali who was propped up and sold to the people. Foreman would never ask another man to beat up another man for him, that's straight up cowardice.

Comment

poor George, he will probably never truly get over Zaire even with all his grill money and regaining the heavyweight championship
                      Last edited by BigBadBenn; 06-18-2016, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X