No announcement yet.

Jay-Z > Biggie

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Ash- View Post
    I'm not big on Biggie and I am from NY so I actually have a lot of rappers>Biggie.

Nas, 2pac, any of the original Wu members(except for U-God and Cappodonna), Guru from Gangstarr. I also like EPMD, Capone N Noreaga and Mobb Deep more than BIG but of course they're not better lyrically, I just like their music more than Big's music. I guess you can call me a Biggie Smalls hater. I'm just not the type to ride a rapper's bandwagon just because they died.
    Exactly. Biggie and Pac are the most overrated rappers of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Counter Punch View Post
      Exactly. Biggie and Pac are the most overrated rappers of all time.
      Everyone knew what Biggie & Pac where to rap when they were alive too. These young kids who weren't around listening to music back then have been deprived, but also can't have the same perspective.

I doubt Jay-Z would even say he's better than Big. And the fact that he's always jacking BIG rhymes makes it even more concrete.

Comment

Originally posted by neils7147933 View Post
        Everyone knew what Biggie & Pac where to rap when they were alive too. These young kids who weren't around listening to music back then have been deprived, but also can't have the same perspective.

I doubt Jay-Z would even say he's better than Big. And the fact that he's always jacking BIG rhymes makes it even more concrete.
        I always felt he had a jealousy issue with BIG.

"If you haven't heard, I'm Michael Magic and Bird
        all rolled in one - cause none got more flows than Young
        Plus got more flows to come
        And if I ain't better than Big, I'm the closest one"

It's almost like he was waiting for someone to say it because if he said it, he'd catch hell...

Comment

To be fair, since Jay Z had the chance to develop better skills, you can only compare the two at the time Biggie was alive, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
            To be fair, since Jay Z had the chance to develop better skills, you can only compare the two at the time Biggie was alive, correct?
            ..::Correct!::..

Comment

..::Correct!::..
              Ok so 1997 Jay Z to 1997 Biggie.. It was pretty close. Tough to call. Clearly Biggie gets overrated because of his death.

Comment

Ok so 1997 Jay Z to 1997 Biggie.. It was pretty close. Tough to call. Clearly Biggie gets overrated because of his death.
                Yep. Really comes down to opinion. I always had it Nas > Jay > BIG. Not that they were the best but just out of the big three.

Comment

Yep. Really comes down to opinion. I always had it Nas > Jay > BIG. Not that they were the best but just out of the big three.
                  Biggie was just so much more popular than those two. That must have been one hell of a three year ride Biggie had.

Comment

Biggie was just so much more popular than those two. That must have been one hell of a three year ride Biggie had.
                    That's the kind of power Puffy had. Look how much success he had with his own **** album. lol

Comment

That's the kind of power Puffy had. Look how much success he had with his own **** album. lol
                      Its all about making the catchy **** that girls like.

Comment

Working...
                      X