No announcement yet.

Gaspar Ortega Vs Benny "Kid" Paret

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaspar Ortega Vs Benny "Kid" Paret

Excellent fight. Lots of action and nice exchanges...

[IMG][/IMG]

Bennie was a hell of a fighter. But he made the mistake of calling Emile Griffith a ****** and he paid with his life

Comment

They fought twice 1959 and 1962, El Indio winning both!

More TV fights in New York than any fighter back then, Gaspar was always a good bout.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post

More TV fights in New York than any fighter back then, Gaspar was always a good bout.

Ray
        Wasn't he a pal of yorn?

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post

Ray
          Man, I read an article about this traveling gypsy boxer a long time ago in the Ring or KO magazine maybe? I've finally been looking him up. Yes, very fun, high action fighter to watch and of course, would fight anytime, anywhere. Really enjoying his fights. This one was excellent!

Comment

Not quite Hagler Hearns, but an explosive round one nevertheless.

Ortega was one of the greatest CalaMexicano's, only 2nd to DLH really

Comment

"CalaMexicano's",............what does that mean?

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                Not quite Hagler Hearns, but an explosive round one nevertheless.

Ortega was one of the greatest CalaMexicano's, only 2nd to DLH really
                Definitely came up the hard way and got no breaks, unlike Oscar, but I would love to have seen them go at it. Ortega was very fun to watch and would fight anybody, anywhere. Not to take away from Oscar, though. Love him or hate him, Oscar fought everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                  Definitely came up the hard way and got no breaks, unlike Oscar, but I would love to have seen them go at it. Ortega was very fun to watch and would fight anybody, anywhere. Not to take away from Oscar, though. Love him or hate him, Oscar fought everybody.
                  For sure! And had they fought in the same era, would have certainly had an intense rivalry

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                    For sure! And had they fought in the same era, would have certainly had an intense rivalry
                    Gotta love rivalries. If they fought in Oscar's era, they'd probably fight twice or maybe even three times. In Ortega's era, they would have fought five times in six months. Love old school fighters. No divas in those days. Who am I fighting? Satan. Cool. When? Tonight. Cool. Where? Antartica. Let's do this.

Comment

Working...
                    X