Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carl Frampton got fighter of the year, cant say i agree, Other fighters beat better

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You could say loma had a better year, but thats it.

Comment

Like mostly anything surrounding boxing this is purely subjective. All the guys mentioned had a claim to win fighter of the year it just comes down to personal preference and what you value more.

I would have personally given it to Loma who beat a solid fighter and a top fighter in his division in dominating fashion while moving up. Bud also dominated Postol, but that was basically his only fight as the John Molina bout was a joke.

Hard to give it to Ward since the result was extremely controversial. He proved he belongs at the top of 175 with Kovalev, but I doubt anyone sees him as the top dog based on that result.

Frampton definitely has a case though as he beat two world champs in their back yard. His opponents might not have been elite fighter but they're definitely at the top of their division.

Comment

I agree. Loma beat him for certain in my opinion. I ruled out Ward because I thought Kovalev beat Ward by 2 or 3 points. I could go along with Frampton getting 2nd or 3rd place but Loma was my clear fighter of the year.

Comment

Crawford will never be fighter of the year at 140. Nobody cares about that division. Nobody.

Comment

Haters gonna hate, and when people dont agree it just proves how much boxing THEY DONT KNOW.

No one out done frampton in 2016

Comment

Frampton was my choice. He beat wo solid unbeaten champions and on foreign soil both times. The Irishman came through in fine fashion. I give the man his due.

Comment

Working...
              X