Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO'S budget in 2016... less than $25 million.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
    Am i blind or where is the source?
    the streetz!

Comment

LMFAO i love it when you guys act as if you are some business insiders, reality is you have no fckin idea of what you talking about.

Unless you are part of HBO's financial team then i suggest you shut the fkc up.

Comment

I'm glad, this means that fighters will not be getting overpaid to fight bums and that HBO will be more selective on the fights being made. It will likely show Fury/Wlad II, it's putting muscle behind Khan/Canelo and is likely to show a bigger fight featuring GGG or Kovalev at some stage, maybe even Gonzalez and Crawford.

I'd rather quality than quantity and I'd rather guys were getting paid for what they were willing to do. I hope this translates to less 1 million plus purses for guys like Ward and Crawford for fighting less than stellar opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
          Why does it matter? There is no demand in the United States for this sport. It's in shambles right now.
          The potential for demand will always be there. It's not hard to capture people's interest and imagination when it comes to having two guys fight, but they need to build fans awareness and appreciation for those two guys. Fighters are fighting too infrequent and against too low a level of competition for people to care and having an already shrinking sport be fractured is a big reason.

If somebody starts making real fights again on a regular basis, it could turn around pretty quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
            The potential for demand will always be there. It's not hard to capture people's interest and imagination when it comes to having two guys fight, but they need to build fans awareness and appreciation for those two guys. Fighters are fighting too infrequent and against too low a level of competition for people to care and having an already shrinking sport be fractured is a big reason.

If somebody starts making real fights again on a regular basis, it could turn around pretty quick.
            That's the problem. We need a Dana White.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post

True. Maybe we can look at this as a bubble burst/market crash. Fighter purses will come down = fight more often = more hungry to be the best and earn their way.

Comment

"Why does it matter? There is no demand in the United States for this sport. It's in shambles right now."

then why did 3.5 million people watch danny garcia vs robert guerrero?

Comment

Working...
                X