Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Crawford more effective at southpaw?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Crawford more effective at southpaw?

I think he is. He's a switch hitter so he is hard to deal with.

BUT I think he's better as a southpaw.
    Yes
    77.78%
    No
    22.22%

ReWatching Crawford Beltran

Round 2: He is out of the southpaw stance

Comment

Great jab and good defense from southpaw. I am not impressed at all with his left hand though. He's nice defensively but he isn't Whitaker. There will be people who are willing to eat the jab to land their bombs, particularly at the higher weights. Very solid fighter though, I enjoy watching him.

Comment

Lately he has shown that but in my opinion, no. He has a very good left hook to the head and especially the body, good left jab, as well as a good right hand that he throws over the top, I like him more from the conventional stance. Crawford to me looks more susceptible to big shots from the southpaw stance.

Comment

Originally posted by SintilatingDTS View Post
          Great jab and good defense from southpaw. I am not impressed at all with his left hand though. He's nice defensively but he isn't Whitaker. There will be people who are willing to eat the jab to land their bombs, particularly at the higher weights. Very solid fighter though, I enjoy watching him.
          His left hand does lack power and it doesn't have a "snap"

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
          Lately he has shown that but in my opinion, no. He has a very good left hook to the head and especially the body, good left jab, as well as a good right hand that he throws over the top, I like him more from the conventional stance. Crawford to me looks more susceptible to big shots from the southpaw stance.
          To be honest I think he tries to land the right hook often, his footwork is excellent though.

Comment

Let him try monkeying around like this against top competition. All his jabs were hitting home, right or left, so what was the point?

Comment

No. I think he uses it to throw his opponents off. He has a nice rhythm but you can tell it's not as fluent as his orthodox stance. I truly believe he'd be easier to defeat if he fought a full twelve rounds as a lefty.

I sometimes wish boxing had an efficiency type of rating system for things like this. Kinda how the nba has points per minute and things in that nature

Comment

Originally posted by JoeKidd View Post
                Let him try monkeying around like this against top competition. All his jabs were hitting home, right or left, so what was the point?
                It's not monkeying around. He is ambidextrous. He changes stances according to his man. People train for a conventional fighter.. they end up getting a southpaw - it's a good adjustment.

He also has a better counter right hook than he does a counter left, however his straights are better as a conventional fighter.

Comment

Id say yes!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
                    No. I think he uses it to throw his opponents off. He has a nice rhythm but you can tell it's not as fluent as his orthodox stance. I truly believe he'd be easier to defeat if he fought a full twelve rounds as a lefty.

I sometimes wish boxing had an efficiency type of rating system for things like this. Kinda how the nba has points per minute and things in that nature
                    He struggled immensely with Gamboa until he went southpaw. His powerhand then began to land jabs and keep teh shorter man at bay with check hooks everytime he tried anything.

It's situational.. lately he's been better as a Southpaw because his opponents have trained for the opposite.

Comment

Working...
                    X