Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are fighters tested for helium?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This fúckin' dude is on a roll recently with stupid threads.

Comment

Comment

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Comment

Illegal diuretics >>>>>>>>> helium.

Comment

That would explain Mike Tyson's voice, and why he was Fleet footed. We are on to something.

Comment

Why use helium why not say fuck it and go all the way to hydrogen which is the lightest gas of all.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                Why use helium why not say fuck it and go all the way to hydrogen which is the lightest gas of all.
                The answer is Obvious because when the fighter farts he would launch himself into orbit. Think bro think.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  Because if you breath in hydrogen twice (2H), it will combine with the oxygen in your lungs (O) and will form water (H2O), which will make you weigh more, duhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by reflex+speed=me View Post
                    lol haha yooo thats the funniest face/gif ive ever seen
                    gotta save that

but to answer op aka the biggest rios fan on nsb.. helium displaces oxygen in the body nd your tissues & brain needs the diffusion of oxygen to survive. a little bit temporarily wont hurt. but a lot, would be fatal. 4 mins w/o oxygen begins brain damage, hence holding your breath that long is impossible
                    4 minutes is about as long as a fighter walks on stage, weighs in and walks out. coincidence? brain damage and boxing...another coincidence? I think not.

Originally posted by miniq View Post
                    Do some maths. No.

By my estimation it would require something like 400 LITRES of helium to lift around 1 pound of weight

[buoyant mass for one m3 of helium in air = 0.178 kg * (1 − (1.292 / 0.178) ) = −1.114 kg] see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lifting_gas

Lung capacity is around 6 litres... If you managed to get 5 litres into your lungs that's still only 5 grams loss of 'weight'

Also if you filled your lungs with 6 litres of helium you'd pass out.
                    This explains why so many fighters are light headed during weigh ins. I don't agree with the rest; I've inhaled enough to know it's possible for an athlete.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      Because if you breath in hydrogen twice (2H), it will combine with the oxygen in your lungs (O) and will form water (H2O), which will make you weigh more, duhhhh
                      As long as you stay away from pure oxygen you would be good.

Comment

Working...
                      X