Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

James Kirkland?how far can he really go?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i don't think Kirkland is going to get very far. With what he showed Sat. suprised he got this far. Dude lacks in the skills and ring iq dept. Once he steps up to the above average level I think he will be terribly outclassed. Kirkland has major flaws and needs a lot of work to overcome them.

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
      Was it a bad night??why did he look so slow??what does he need to work on?guy has talent and lots of strength but something is missing

he did not look that slow

he never really let his hands go because molina's head was not a stationary target

when his hands started moving they were still fast enough to get the job done

he's a very limited fighter. if he cant engage in a gunfight and blow a guy's doors off with power he will lose every single time.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

he never really let his hands go because molina's head was not a stationary target

he's a very limited fighter. if he cant engage in a gunfight and blow a guy's doors off with power he will lose every single time.
        Agreed. I had Molina winning 7 of those 10 rounds, the only rounds I gave Kirkland were 5-6-10. So, had the fight continued, Kirkland was down 96-93 because of the knockdown. I hope they rematch.

Kirkland needs to come out like he did in the 10th, throw tons of punches and apply effective pressure, and when he tries that hold-hit-push back with his head in your face-punch-let go-hold again s**t, push him off you and kick his a$$, just like he did in the 10th. Had the ref actually warned Molina early on and may be even deducted a point for the excessive holding before the 10th round, I doubt Molina would have held 16 times during that round when he was hurt. Kirkland very well may have stopped him in the 10th if not for the holding.

Comment

if he cant engage in a gunfight and blow a guy's doors off with power he will lose every single time.

I'm thinking same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
            Agreed. I had Molina winning 7 of those 10 rounds, the only rounds I gave Kirkland were 5-6-10. So, had the fight continued, Kirkland was down 96-93 because of the knockdown. I hope they rematch.

Kirkland needs to come out like he did in the 10th, throw tons of punches and apply effective pressure, and when he tries that hold-hit-push back with his head in your face-punch-let go-hold again s**t, push him off you and kick his a$$, just like he did in the 10th. Had the ref actually warned Molina early on and may be even deducted a point for the excessive holding before the 10th round, I doubt Molina would have held 16 times during that round when he was hurt. Kirkland very well may have stopped him in the 10th if not for the holding.

in that aspect angulo is lightyears beyond the fighter that kirkland is. he knows how to keep his hands free. he can walk through offense. he cuts the ring off intuitively. he wants to back you up

kirkland wants you to swing wildly with him in the middle of the ring. if you dont he's pretty well cooked.

i also think angulo takes a better shot. kirkland beat the **** out of him and he only went down when he was punched out from throwing constantly for two mins, and then he started takign a beating later on and showing the effect only when he became totally exhaused

kirkland is a very limited fighter and he will not go far. prison (two stints there,) has also thrown a huge wrench into his career. he's got a young man's style. once he slows down and has trouble taking the punches he's going to be all but finished

GBP should keep him in exciting fights and get him in there right away. he's not going to fight forever. he does have a lot going for him. he can be a terrific network TV attraction and action fighter
            he's just never going to pan out into a great fighter.
            no way jose

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              if he cant engage in a gunfight and blow a guy's doors off with power he will lose every single time.

I'm thinking same thing.
              That's why I couldn't believe he didn't push and toss Molina off him until the 10th and kicked his a$$. I was literally yelling "throw his punk a$$ off you and kick his a$$ James!" the whole fight until it happened in the 10th.

Comment

in that aspect angulo is lightyears beyond the fighter that kirkland is. he knows how to keep his hands free. he can walk through offense. he cuts the ring off intuitively. he wants to back you up

kirkland wants you to swing wildly with him in the middle of the ring. if you dont he's pretty well cooked.

i also think angulo takes a better shot. kirkland beat the **** out of him and he only went down when he was punched out from throwing constantly for two mins, and then he started takign a beating later on and showing the effect only when he became totally exhaused

kirkland is a very limited fighter and he will not go far. prison (two stints there,) has also thrown a huge wrench into his career. he's got a young man's style. once he slows down and has trouble taking the punches he's going to be all but finished

GBP should keep him in exciting fights and get him in there right away. he's not going to fight forever. he does have a lot going for him. he can be a terrific network TV attraction and action fighter
                he's just never going to pan out into a great fighter.
                no way jose
                Once Kirkland gets into his 30's, he'll slow down, and be beaten everytime probably. I just couldn't beleive he didn't throw Molina off him till the 10th.

Comment

He's a relentless bum

Comment

Not sure, don't care. All I know is that he is going to be exciting throughout his career.

Just like Rios the roller coaster might be quick it will have lots of ups and downs. But, it's going to be a fun ride while it last.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                      Not sure, don't care. All I know is that he is going to be exciting throughout his career.

Just like Rios the roller coaster might be quick it will have lots of ups and downs. But, it's going to be a fun ride while it last.
                      this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X