No announcement yet.

Roach Still Only Picking Opponents With Known Weaknesses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roach Still Only Picking Opponents With Known Weaknesses

Of course many of you will respond that I am discrediting Pac but this is about Roach and his opponent selection methods. Its pretty apparent he tends to only choose opponents who have a known weakness that he can exploit.

In the case of Oscar, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, we have 1 guy who simply isn't that good, another who has never won the big one and long past his days as a welterweight, another who only covers up and doesn't throw punches, and another who was bashed with Plaster.

Though you can say I'm being a revisionist that would be incorrect, this is what the boxing world felt about each opponent before the fight. With that said, I give Pac complete credit for taking advantage of those specific weaknesses in the fight. Afterall his opponents know they have these weaknesses to so they should of done something about it.

In the case of Amir Khan, not sure if Roach trained him for MAB, but I'll cite MAB and Paulie, 1 guy completely past his prime and needs to retire, and the other a feather puncher. Come fight night thats exactly what we saw, feather punching and an old man. Much props to Khan for taking advantage of those weaknesses.

What I would like to see is for Freddie Roach to 1 day, if he has the courage, select an opponent who hasn't been exploited or shown to have major weaknesses. The good thing is that there are 3 out there right now, Bradley, Alexander, and Mayweather. Will Roach wait till they go life and death in the ring or will he put his fighters in there with them while they are dominant? Well see.
    Last edited by M.I.C.; 05-21-2010, 01:25 PM.

Please, and Floyd actually picks on fighters for himself.

Mosely? How long was the lay off?

JMM? a boxer who is smaller. At 147?

Hatton? Come on looked terrible VS Collazo at 147.

De la Hoya who was already a semi promoter.

Baldomir? He's like David Diaz

Judah who lost to Baldomir?

Comment

Originally posted by Pension-Killer View Post

Actually, in case you didn't notice, Floyd generally fights guys who are coming off their biggest wins. He also fights oppoenents who are lineal champions.
      Last edited by M.I.C.; 05-21-2010, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by M.I.C. View Post
        Of course many of you will respond that I am discrediting Pac but this is about Roach and his opponent selection methods. Its pretty apparent he tends to only choose opponents who have a known weakness that he can exploit.

In the case of Oscar, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, we have 1 guy who simply isn't that good, another who has never won the big one and long past his days as a welterweight, another who only covers up and doesn't throw punches, and another who was bashed with Plaster.

Though you can say I'm being a revisionist that would be incorrect, this is what the boxing world felt about each opponent before the fight. With that said, I give Pac complete credit for taking advantage of those specific weaknesses in the fight. Afterall his opponents know they have these weaknesses to so they should of done something about it.

In the case of Amir Khan, not sure if Roach trained him for MAB, but I'll cite MAB and Paulie, 1 guy completely past his prime and needs to retire, and the other a feather puncher. Come fight night thats exactly what we saw, feather punching and an old man. Much props to Khan for taking advantage of those weaknesses.

What I would like to see is for Freddie Roach to 1 day, if he has the courage, select an opponent who hasn't been exploited or shown to have major weaknesses. The good thing is that there are 3 out there right now, Bradley, Alexander, and Mayweather. Will Roach wait till they go life and death in the ring or will he put his fighters in there with them while they are dominant? Well see.
        Oh yea...well...well...whos the FIGHTER OF THE DECADE than?

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
          I hope he brings that award to the Mayweather Negotiations, lets see how many cut off days he can buy with it.

Comment

Actually, in case you didn't notice, Floyd generally fights guys who are coming off their biggest wins. He also fights oppoenents who are lineal champions.
            Why didn't he fight Cotto after Cotto's biggest win over Shane Mosley?

Just sayin...

Comment

I hope he brings that award to the Mayweather Negotiations, lets see how many cut off days he can buy with it.
              What a comeback LOLLLLLLLLLL....man you just be getting owned everyday, left and right

Comment

Originally posted by Pension-Killer View Post

1. Every said May was ducking Mosley, and would never fight him before the fight, but now Mayweather cherry picked Mosley? *slaps pension*

2. **** the tune up talk...Mayweather had no bussiness fighting Marquez

3. Hatton didn't look terrible against Collazo. He simply looked himself.

4. Mega fight...and millions of dollars. who wouldn't fight Oscar?

5. At the time people said he was ducking Baldomir because he fought Judah

6. Yes!

Comment

Whaaaaaat? Floyd has a weakness? no way. i cant believe roach is pitting pac with floyd!

TS, ur a moron.

Comment

What a comeback LOLLLLLLLLLL....man you just be getting owned everyday, left and right
                    The showdown I have been waiting for

Comment

Working...
                    X