No announcement yet.

The boxing landscape is changing again - GREAT fights are being made

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The boxing landscape is changing again - GREAT fights are being made

Quietly, amidst all our b*tching and complaining, a great run of fights is coming up from now going into 2017.

Ward-Kova/ Loma-Walters/ Frampton-LSC 2/ Thurman-Garcia/ Parker-Ruiz.

Possibles (yeah, I know these might not come off but a good chunk of them will, I think): Cotto-Bradley/ Garcia-Zlatincanin/ Jack-DeGale/ Jacobs-Golovkin/ Canelo-Golovkin/ Chocolatito-Cuadras 2/ Commey-Shafikov.

I just think boxing has reached a tipping point and fans just aren't going to stand for the bull**** anymore. If we don't get a great fight, people are going to be angry (like Wlad-Browne).

I mean, it could just be a coincidence but I have felt for a while that eventually, promoters will have no option but to take risky fights if they are looking to make money. Protecting zero doesn't mean anything anymore.

With there not being as much money to go around, to get some, people are going to have to take risks. Taking risks might just be where the money is.

People just need to complain about something so shhhhhhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
      People just need to complain about something so shhhhhhhhh
      Basically. More than a few posters foresaw that, because of the changing of guard in various divisions, 2016 was going to be a transitional year and 2017 was going to be a big one.

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrero's Dad View Post
        Quietly, amidst all our b*tching and complaining, a great run of fights is coming up from now going into 2017.

Possibles (yeah, I know these might not come off but a good chunk of them will, I think): Cotto-Bradley/ Garcia-Zlatincanin/ Jack-DeGale/ Jacobs-Golovkin/ Canelo-Golovkin/ Chocolatito-Cuadras 2/ Commey-Shafikov.

I just think boxing has reached a tipping point and fans just aren't going to stand for the bull**** anymore. If we don't get a great fight, people are going to be angry (like Wlad-Browne).

I mean, it could just be a coincidence but I have felt for a while that eventually, promoters will have no option but to take risky fights if they are looking to make money. Protecting zero doesn't mean anything anymore.

With there not being as much money to go around, to get some, people are going to have to take risks. Taking risks might just be where the money is.
        You've got more probable fights than actual match ups. Ruiz v Parker is not great by any stretch of the imagination.

When was Thurman/Garcia announced? And since when is it ok for it to be almost 2 years for two top guys in their division, who aren't known outside of the sport, to not fight each other? It took 18months to get Porter and thurman in the ring.

The other 2 are very good fights but they are yet to happen.

Think about it, in october 10 months of 2016, is there a bigger list of fights that should have happened or are there more fights that we wanted to see? I think you'll find the former is the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrero's Dad View Post

U forgot to mention Pac vs. Vargas.

Comment

Jonathan Guzman will defend his IBF title against Yukinori Oguni ; #4. vs. #7. Super-bantamweights ; Pedvetkin vs. Stiverne and Lebedev vs. Gassiev...These casuals need the hardcore to smack them across the face when they come around talking about cage fighting taking over!

Comment

Working...
            X