No announcement yet.

How was GGG seen in 2009-2013?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How was GGG seen in 2009-2013?

I remember I read many old articles in the last weeks about Gennady. These were from 2009-2013.

He was seen as the future MW champion by many. Or as a superb MW. Someone that was a threat and was coming to take over the MW division. Some also said things like: "yeah, he's good, let's see". That was the lowest opinion you could find about him.

Then he started unifying belts and one portion of the boxing fans started calling him overrated, someone with no resume and so on.

WTF happened. Some people are really jealous of someone's success.

2011 article/thread on Boxingscene regarding Ouma being hospitalized after fight with Golovkin: http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=488752

Originally posted by -KULT- View Post
    I didnt see that fight. Hope hes gonna be ok. Dayum sure Golovkin gonna get even more avoided.
    People back in 2011 was already speaking of Golovkin being avoided.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=583211 - 2013 article/thread talking about Sturm avoiding Golovkin when he was his mandatory

Originally posted by chav View Post
    Man, thats hilarious. The list of guys ducking GGG is pretty impressive. Am I allowed to add Quillin to that list, or will I open a can of worms?
    Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    Quillin
    Gaele
    Sturm
    Martinez (dibella)

All these guys avoided or are avoiding Golovkin. Thats all the other belt holders and the best fighters in the division. It is truly said
    Article from 2012:

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
    Seems like no one wants to face this guy. It's getting pretty ridiculous now.
    Ward words towards GGG in January 2013:

"Golovkin is a strong kid," Ward said. "Physically, he looks like he hits pretty hard, he's got some heavy hands. He looks like he's getting a push from media and fans. I think he's got potential, but I think he's got work to do. He's gotta beat some upper-echelon guys.

Right now it doesn't look like those guys want to fight him, so it's not his fault. But I definitely feel like that could be a big fight (between he and Golovkin) down the road.
    Ward himself said... the guys are avoiding him, it's not his fault.

Article/thread from 2013 when GGG stopped Maclkin and broke his rib:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=602669

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    I think GGG is the best fighter in the world and he is not going to be defeated.
    Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
    Also, Macklin's face was a freakin mess from very few shots. This dude has dynamite in his fists...
    Article/thread from 2010 when GGG was avoided by Mundine:
    http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=389917

People talking about all the good MWs avoiding Golovkin, six years ago:
    Originally posted by southpaw_07 View Post
    Good luck Golovkin , no one in the top 10 will reply to your letters, send a message to someone ranked around 50..they will be happy for a payday while higher ranked boxers are afraid to lose and drop in the ranking list..bitter truth
    I could go on forever... people was respecting him like the tremendous fighter he is. Saying how impressive he was.

But when success and recognition came after 2014, something happened.
    Assh*les started to hate him badly. They hate him, they envy him. They say he's a bum. They blame him for not having big names on his resume, when even Ward himself said it was not his fault that people was avoiding him. We have fighters like Sergio Martinez saying GGG was off the charts, and so on, but they ignore it, they just hate it. And Ward, the *******, now calls him "little G".
    The stupid no brainers tell him B side, and says he needs to lose weight for a fat ginger that outweights him already.

Some people is just stupid and that will never change.

But he duck Ward doe he afraid to fight a LHW

GGG needs to beat canelo's ass to pieces

Comment

He was a mega superstar in Germany
      he was signed to the biggest promoter in GER

Comment

"Unified belts." Lol

IBO been trashed here at Boxingscene numerous times...but I guess for some fighters it's ok.

Promoted from the WBA.... beat Lemieux to "unify" an IBF. Yeah he unified all right..

To Kovalev fans stealing the belts from a 48 year old LHW is the best thing ever.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
          I don't think they believed in him though. Golovkin felt they kept him away from Felix Sturm and Sebastian Zbik. He also had some fights in weird places like Panama.

Comment

nice thread man, i remember when ggg was the best kept secret in boxing

this is from the koncrete jungle, back from 2011, they are riding ward's nuts right now, so fucking funny

Comment

:*******: :*******: :*******:

Comment

So much so he packed up his **** and headed to America to mine out low six figure paydays.

Comment

he duck ward then the cookie crumbled

Comment

He was not a mega star.

He was promoted by Sturms people who was the biggest German star and they wouldn't match Golovkin and Sturm against each other, despite Golovkin being mandatory for two years. Sturms manager even bribed the WBA to avoid Golovkin. Not only would they not give him Sturm they weren't getting him any significant fights at all. This led to a lawsuit which was why Golovkin had to take fights in Panama and Kazakhstan just to stay active. He was not treated well at all. Once the nasty legal stuff was settled he split and signed with K2, who immediately got him on HBO. This has been explained to you before.

Comment

Working...
                    X