Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Wladimir Klitschko a top 5 ATG heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
    dominating a division means fighting everyone. fighting half the contenders and never fighting the #1 guy is hardly dominating.
    He only fought half the division because his brother beat the hell out of the other half...

Im always saying that klit bros get penalized because they are brothers... between them they have destroyed everyone in the division...
    Does anybody really want to see wlad vs adamek, chisora, arrealo after vitali already beat them down.....
    People complained when they both took turns beating down Peter but then they get complaints that they have only fought half the division,,,
    By the end of the year Wlad would have beaten Haye and Povetkin which in this era are their 2 biggest threats...
    It sucks that we will never see vitali vs wlad, but i understand why they wont fight....

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      He only fought half the division because his brother beat the hell out of the other half...

Im always saying that klit bros get penalized because they are brothers... between them they have destroyed everyone in the division...
      Does anybody really want to see wlad vs adamek, chisora, arrealo after vitali already beat them down.....
      People complained when they both took turns beating down Peter but then they get complaints that they have only fought half the division,,,
      By the end of the year Wlad would have beaten Haye and Povetkin which in this era are their 2 biggest threats...
      It sucks that we will never see vitali vs wlad, but i understand why they wont fight....
      yet you want to give wlad credit for destroying everyone when it was a completely different person doing the destroying. makes no sense. how does wlad get the accomplishments of someone else as if he did it? boxing is not a team sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
        yet you want to give wlad credit for destroying everyone when it was a completely different person doing the destroying. makes no sense. how does wlad get the accomplishments of someone else as if he did it? boxing is not a team sport.
        Ok, like i said he gets penalized because they are brothers.....

Please name the fights you wish wlad had taken during his reign

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Not the point of this thread. If you believe greatness is achieved on fantasy matchups then there's no need to take you seriously. Look at the below post.
          Have you boxed man? I don't want to turn this into I laced them up vs keyboard warrior, because for all I know you might have trained or you are as we speak...

But the bottom line, at Wlads size, and with whatever "limited athletic ability" as some of you perceive him to have, he has just enough to make a 6 foot Dempsey struggle to do jack **** to Wlad.

Size is not the end all, but in order to beat size you need to have superior skill, and even than the size disparity cannot be too great...Wlad is no Ali but his style and his strength is all he needs to win fights against 80% of all heavyweights. We have weight divisions for a reason. Pac or Cotto can be p4p fighters, but the bottom line is that in a boxing match they will loose to a number 8 ranked cruiserweight.

Until someone comes thats close to his size but with a lot bigger arsenal no one will beat him.

What can you do against his jab? What?

He has exceptional fundamentals and a jab that can not be overcome. How do you get to him? How would Marciano/Dempsey whoever get to him?

Some people just love to hate him and do everything to discredit the guy. He is arguably one of the physically strongest fighters of all time.

Someone mentioned evolution.......Well 6 feet vs 6'6" is evolution I guess...or maybe its something to do with the fact that 50 years ago you couldn't find an athlete at 6 foot 6 that wouldn't tip over just walking forget about fighting...

For me I'm not the one living in the fantasy world. Its you guys who believe that a 200lb man no mater how talented he might have been could beat a man who is a seasoned 6foot 6 250lb Olympic Gold Medalist who has been a trained athlete since he was in diapers, who has 60 professional wins. You my friend are the one in the fantasy world.

On the subject of size. Georges St. Pierre wrestled a 270lb former hockey enforcer. And even though he won every grappling match the man had no issue admitting that "with a little bit of training Georges Laraque would have beat me"....this is despite the fact that GSP is p4p top 3 MMA fighters in the world...At some point size becomes too much...

Comment

• Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
            I'm sorry but I can't take anybody seriously who

A. Believes humans have "evolved" in just a few short decades.

B. Believes weight is the end-all and be-all of boxing.

C. Believes that a slow, fairly immobile dude with a vertical leap of about an inch like Wlad can be called "athletic".
            In terms of boxing

A. 6foot6 vs 6 feet. Hammers and tires vs modern stregth training, Olympic boxing programs vs pub fights sounds like "evolution" to me.

B. Weight divisions are there for a reason. It's been clear that the days of the 200-215lb heavyweight are long gone.

C. You are one of the few that believes that Wlad is slow, immobile and has a vertical leap of about an inch...

P.S Its funny how you mention athleticism yet seem to defend old timers, for whom athleticism is the last thing on the list of strengths vs weaknesses. WIthouht a doubt modern athletes are more "athletic"...Old timers certainly had a lot more toughness and grit and character than their modern counter parts, which is to their advantage, but athleticism...common man...I guess Mike Ditka was more athletic than Vernon Davis eh?

P.S.S.........rince and repeat, I got nothing more for this thread.

Comment

• a little wlad related news, apparently he's in Ibiza

and guess who else happens to be there?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ukr_Alex View Post
                In terms of boxing

A. 6foot6 vs 6 feet. Hammers and tires vs modern stregth training, Olympic boxing programs vs pub fights sounds like "evolution" to me.
                Then obviously you have no idea what evolution is.

Originally posted by Ukr_Alex View Post
                B. Weight divisions are there for a reason. It's been clear that the days of the 200-215lb heavyweight are long gone.
                Sure there are weight classes for a reason.....Just probably not the reasons you assume they're there for.

C. You are one of the few that believes that Wlad is slow, immobile and has a vertical leap of about an inch...
                Probably because I watch him with my eyes as to people of your ilk who watch him with love glasses on and your pants around your ankles.

P.S Its funny how you mention athleticism yet seem to defend old timers, for whom athleticism is the last thing on the list of strengths vs weaknesses. WIthouht a doubt modern athletes are more "athletic"...Old timers certainly had a lot more toughness and grit and character than their modern counter parts, which is to their advantage, but athleticism...common man...I guess Mike Ditka was more athletic than Vernon Davis eh?
                I'm pretty sure Fran Tarkenton was a better athlete than the rather immobile Peyton Manning. You're confusing strength with athleticism when they're two different things. Just because you can bench 500 pounds doesn't make you an athlete.

P.S.S.........rince and repeat, I got nothing more for this thread.
                Later Klitlicker :loser9:

Comment

Working...
                X