Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeGale: Can't Moan Over Canelo-GGG Draw, It Was Close Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    so, the very second that Golovkin stepped up in class..... he coincidentally got old

wow, what a shame

just like Pac when he finally stepped up at welter..... with Bradley, Marquez, and Mayweather

damn, what a coincidence

and this is contrary to advice given by his trainer and main sparring partner..... who are both wrong

pull the other one bro, a bit to the left

#excusesYO
    Nope, he is undisputably old for a middleweight champion though, you can't just change the goalposts because you don't like a guy. Remember at 35 he's just defended he's title against boxings biggest star and most people thought he won. No excuses needed. Peoples teams don't say "yeah our guy is getting worse" while he still holds the title. But boxing history shows there are few exceptions to going down hill in your mid 30s.With Golovkins style I can't think of any exceptions. Let's say Charlo or someone beats him at 37 or 38,people who don't like him will say "yeah, he was always a bum" just because they don't like him and disregard age, it's suits the narrative. If he knocks out Jacobs, Canelo and Charlo in a row we'll be back on Ward. Come on, you know how this works.😉

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
      hell yall did it to Floyd except he was still dominating
      what do you mean yall? where have I said anything like that? it's sheer stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by bluepete View Post
        Nope, he is undisputably old for a middleweight champion though, you can't just change the goalposts because you don't like a guy. Remember at 35 he's just defended he's title against boxings biggest star and most people thought he won. No excuses needed. Peoples teams don't say "yeah our guy is getting worse" while he still holds the title. But boxing history shows there are few exceptions to going down hill in your mid 30s.With Golovkins style I can't think of any exceptions. Let's say Charlo or someone beats him at 37 or 38,people who don't like him will say "yeah, he was always a bum" just because they don't like him and disregard age, it's suits the narrative. If he knocks out Jacobs, Canelo and Charlo in a row we'll be back on Ward. Come on, you know how this works.��

you said Jacobs could not handle Golovkin's power

and this is what you said about Canelo.....

Never seen Golovkin in any danger of being stopped in any fight. Didn't see Canelo look like stopping Chavez at any point. I think Golovkin has abit better defence than he gets credit for. Otherwise surely a Jacobs would've busted him up. Anyway, I think Golovkin well beats Canelo, at any age. No excuses, quote me when the time comes.
        neither of your predictions came true

you said no excuses

but..... now Golovkin is old

you said to quote you when the time comes..... it has come, and I am quoting you

stop making weak excuses to justify why your boy fell short in both of those fights..... because it was Jacobs movement/skills/size, that enabled him to go life and death with Golovkin..... and it was Canelo's style/skill

instead of giving those guys credit, you made excuses..... despite promising that you would not

Comment

you said Jacobs could not handle Golovkin's power

and this is what you said about Canelo.....

neither of your predictions came true

you said no excuses

but..... now Golovkin is old

you said to quote you when the time comes..... it has come, and I am quoting you

stop making weak excuses to justify why your boy fell short in both of those fights..... because it was Jacobs movement/skills/size, that enabled him to go life and death with Golovkin..... and it was Canelo's style/skill

instead of giving those guys credit, you made excuses..... despite promising that you would not
          I also said that Jacobs did better than I expected and he deserved credit. I was hardly alone in that prediction was I? I did say he'd come forward against Jacobs while the haters on here said watch him get on he's bike against a guy with power. And yes I did say I thought Golovkin would beat Canelo at any age and I believe he did,along with most observers.funny that the part where I was responding to the guy who was saying Canelo could hurt Golovkin gets overlooked, which I was totally right about when I said he could not. And the fact one garbage judge with a joke scorecard is the only reason Canelo didn't lose. See, what you're missing is the guy who retained he's titles both times is the one you don't want to give any credit to, the guys who gave him close fights deserve all the credit because you don't like Golovkin. I've already stated that Canelo had something to do with Golovkin looking slower, and even gave Brooks skills their due in making him miss and look slow but I guess that doesn't suit your narrative again. Still, the fact remains that Golovkin, who I do think beat Canelo and I'm not alone in that, is 35, and because you don't like him, he is not allowed to exhibit the effects of age because it doesn't suit you. Where's the credit for him walking forward at 35, making the fight against two younger and dangerous fighters who he retained he's titles against? Remember he's the champion still. You don't like him, I get it. He's 35 and in he's prime,sure he is.
          Last edited by bluepete; 10-21-2017, 02:15 AM.

Comment

I also said that Jacobs did better than I expected and he deserved credit. I was hardly alone in that prediction was I? I did say he'd come forward against Jacobs while the haters on here said watch him get on he's bike against a guy with power. And yes I did say I thought Golovkin would beat Canelo at any age and I believe he did,along with most observers.funny that the part where I was responding to the guy who was saying Canelo could hurt Golovkin gets overlooked, which I was totally right about when I said he could not. And the fact one garbage judge with a joke scorecard is the only reason Canelo didn't lose. See, what you're missing is the guy who retained he's titles both times is the one you don't want to give any credit to, the guys who gave him close fights deserve all the credit because you don't like Golovkin. I've already stated that Canelo had something to do with Golovkin looking slower, and even gave Brooks skills their due in making him miss and look slow but I guess that doesn't suit your narrative again. Still, the fact remains that Golovkin, who I do think beat Canelo and I'm not alone in that, is 35, and because you don't like him, he is not allowed to exhibit the effects of age because it doesn't suit you. Where's the credit for him walking forward at 35, making the fight against two younger and dangerous fighters who he retained he's titles against? Remember he's the champion still. You don't like him, I get it. He's 35 and in he's prime,sure he is.

you said..... " NO excuses "

but..... out they pour, right on cue

one garbage judge with a joke scorecard is the only reason Canelo didn't lose

rubbish

one of the remaining judges had it a draw, and the other judge scored for Golovkin by one point

more excuses

a guy who promised that he would not make excuses.....

..... just made ALL of them

Comment

you said..... " NO excuses "

but..... out they pour, right on cue

rubbish

one of the remaining judges had it a draw, and the other judge scored for Golovkin by one point

more excuses

a guy who promised that he would not make excuses.....

..... just made ALL of them
              You don't seem to understand English. Excuses and facts are not the same thing. Golovkin retained he's title. Fact. The consensus is that Byrds card was a joke. Fact. The majority of people think Golovkin won. Fact. He's 35, and people don't get faster as they get older. Another fact. He's the undefeated middleweight champion, and Canelo isn't. You don't have to like the guy. Canelo, in the words of Mayweather and BHop, plus others on this site was meant to "destroy" Golovkin. Have a look at how many "the hype train ends this weekend" posts there were. I've never claimed Golovkin is Robinson, I already told you. I've picked against him in fantasy matches. But he's not the champ through illusion.

Comment

You don't seem to understand English. Excuses and facts are not the same thing. Golovkin retained he's title. Fact. The consensus is that Byrds card was a joke. Fact. The majority of people think Golovkin won. Fact. He's 35, and people don't get faster as they get older. Another fact. He's the undefeated middleweight champion, and Canelo isn't. You don't have to like the guy. Canelo, in the words of Mayweather and BHop, plus others on this site was meant to "destroy" Golovkin. Have a look at how many "the hype train ends this weekend" posts there were. I've never claimed Golovkin is Robinson, I already told you. I've picked against him in fantasy matches. But he's not the champ through illusion.

you are talking utter bollocks

Golovkin was the supposed killer, and red-hot favorite

way to un-paint a picture lol

forget what everyone else said, YOU said this.....

.... Golovkin well beats Canelo, at any age. No excuses, quote me.....

but then..... you literally used every excuse in the book

YOU said no excuses.... but then, out they came, right on cue..... there is no way to justify making excuses, after stating that you would not

Comment

you are talking utter bollocks

Golovkin was the supposed killer, and red-hot favorite

way to un-paint a picture lol

forget what everyone else said, YOU said this.....

but then..... you literally used every excuse in the book

YOU said no excuses.... but then, out they came, right on cue..... there is no way to justify making excuses, after stating that you would not
                  Your projecting, the bollocks is coming from you. Golovkin beat Canelo in the eyes of the world. And in mine. He retained he's title. Golovkin wasn't the red hot favourite. Alot of people were backing Canelo because they thought Golovkin had slipped. This whole site was full of them. Mayweather and BHop said he would destroy Golovkin. It's a fact and that's it. Golovkin is still champion. He's hype train was ending, Canelo was even possibly going to knock him out.He might have done it with bodyshots because Kovalev according to the brains on here. The world thinks Golovkin won, and he's still got he's title. No excuses necessary. He's still the champion, you seem to have a problem with that, I don't.I don't need to justify myself to anyone. Your sore that Canelo isn't champion, sore that they still can't pry the title from this guy. He would beat Canelo at any age imo. Not as well as he would was he younger, but then Canelo has a stamina problem that would always render him vulnerable. Even against he's elders.
                  Last edited by bluepete; 10-22-2017, 03:14 PM.

Comment

I thought it was a good fight but a clear victory for Golovkin . Alvarez did well though and proved he's no punk

Comment

Your projecting, the bollocks is coming from you. Golovkin beat Canelo in the eyes of the world. And in mine. He retained he's title. Golovkin wasn't the red hot favourite. Alot of people were backing Canelo because they thought Golovkin had slipped. This whole site was full of them. Mayweather and BHop said he would destroy Golovkin. It's a fact and that's it. Golovkin is still champion. He's hype train was ending, Canelo was even possibly going to knock him out.He might have done it with bodyshots because Kovalev according to the brains on here. The world thinks Golovkin won, and he's still got he's title. No excuses necessary. He's still the champion, you seem to have a problem with that, I don't.I don't need to justify myself to anyone. Your sore that Canelo isn't champion, sore that they still can't pry the title from this guy. He would beat Canelo at any age imo. Not as well as he would was he younger, but then Canelo has a stamina problem that would always render him vulnerable. Even against he's elders.

YOU said this.....

Golovkin well beats Canelo, at any age. No excuses

well, none of that happened

Golovkin did not " well beat " Canelo..... and you made a TON of lame excuses, including age..... despite specifically promising not to

just saying

words..... you cannot take them back, you can only lie

you guys couldn't keep it real if your ass was on fire

Comment

Working...
                      X