No announcement yet.

Amir Khan Admits His Performance Was Sub-Par, Felt Over-trained and Tired

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
    How did he overtrain? I read he didn't take it seriously till three weeks into camp.
    It's just an excuse I think, if anything he looked softer at the weigh in compared to previous recent fights.

Pressure fighters like Peterson, Maidana and Algieri (on Sat) give Khan a tough fight, I think it's a style thing more than anything.

Khan still wins them though, so I don't think there's any need for him to go overboard about his (lack of) performance.

Comment

Khan looked just like he did against Diaz. Lethargic, bumbling, slow starting and a lack of defense. I really don't think this guy deserves Floyd but it would be an easy win for 49 so what can I say.

Comment

He certainly looked much better, stronger and sharper against Alexander so maybe he was over trained. I don't think he has any chance to defeat Mayweather even if he is trained to absolute perfection.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
          How did he overtrain? I read he didn't take it seriously till three weeks into camp.
          He was training long before any opponent was announced, 14 weeks

In terms of that, they only got serious 3 weeks into the camp, was said by John David Jackson.

He said when Hunter found out i was training Algieri, thats when they got serious

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            He certainly looked much better, stronger and sharper against Alexander so maybe he was over trained. I don't think he has any chance to defeat Mayweather even if he is trained to absolute perfection.
            That's because Alexander is a shorter, smaller man who was trying to box and counter-punch with Khan.

Khan will always looked good against those type of styles because of his speed

Comment

14 week camp? Lol

Comment

Khan came in with a game plan that expected Algieri to run and fight at range. Algieri did the opposite and was walking Amir down all night and trying to be first one to always get off his punches and ruff up the inside. Khan went with plan B and fought a defensive fight on the backfoot which only made Algieri more aggressive. The old Khan would have worked Algieri over and completely overwhelm him with crisp Sharp combos. Virgil had a caged Khan and was having him not do what was nessesary. Which is take the initiative and act as though you are trying to take Algieri out with all you can muster. He just didn't put Chris in his place and take the fight from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  That's because Alexander is a shorter, smaller man who was trying to box and counter-punch with Khan.

Khan will always looked good against those type of styles because of his speed
                  People tend to forget all the guys Khan has beat. I mean Lamont, Judah, Paulie, ko'd Ortiz in the amutuers, collazo, Maidana

Comment

Originally posted by creekrat77 View Post
                    People tend to forget all the guys Khan has beat. I mean Lamont, Judah, Paulie, ko'd Ortiz in the amutuers, collazo, Maidana
                    A lot of those wins were under roach doe. He has one good performance under Virgil and it was against Alexander. Khan under roach would beat the fuk outta chris coming forward like that
                    Last edited by Aristocrat; 05-31-2015, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Something wasn't right about Khan, he looked slow, sluggish, his speed was pretty ordinary by his standards. His reflexes looked bad, his movement, defense, sharpness just nothing was there. He needs to stick it out with Virgil because the Alexander performance and his condition in that fight was the best in his whole career including the days with Roach. Saying that even the worst Khan still beat Algieri 8-4, that's impressive in itself to be fair, only elite fighters can do stuff like that.

Frankie can you link the source please, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X