• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE_BIG_HURT View Post
    Graham Houston Fight News.com -Pacquiao

Stephen Edaward boxing talk.com- 116-112 Pacquiao

Scott Shaffer boxing talk.com- 115-113 Pacquiao

Greg Leon Boxing Talk.com - 115-114 Pacquiao

Doveed Linder Boxing talk.com-114-114 Draw

basically my point is that this fight is very split. hard to call it a robbery one way or another.

those were the only 2 other sites ive visited besides this one and Espn
    I had it 15-13 for Pac; believe Jake here at the site did as well. Let the debate rage for years (and Lawdy it will)

Comment

people still crying over this lol get over it. i had it 116-112 pac, marquez only won rounds 2,5,7,8 imo. the rounds marquez won were more clear then the rounds pacquiao won. some of the rounds i gave pacquiao were even but he was the aggressor so i gave it too him marquez didnt want to fight

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
        PolkasO at 4:48 PM November 14, 2011

The breakdown among writers was 12 for Marquez, seven in favor of a draw and one for Pacquiao.

Below is the complete list and the scores:

Lem Satterfield, ******.com: 117-111, Juan Manuel Marquez
        Ron Borges, Boston Herald: 117-112, Marquez
        Chris Mannix, Sports Illustrated: 116-112, Marquez
        Tim Smith, New York Daily News: 116-112, Marquez
        Mike Coppinger, ******.com: 115-113, Marquez
        Bill Dwyre, Los Angeles Times: 115-113, Marquez
        Norm Frauenheim, www.15rounds.com: 115-113, Marquez
        Ryan Maquinana, BoxingScene.com/CSNBAYAREA.com: 115-113, Marquez
        Lance Pugmire, Los Angeles Times: 115-113, Marquez
        Bob Velin, USA Today: 115-113, Marquez
        George Willis, New York Post: 115-113, Marquez
        Jerry Izenberg, Philadelphia Inquirer: 115-114, Marquez
        Sean Sullivan, Boxing Digest: 115-114, Manny Pacquiao
        Steve Carp, Las Vegas Review-Journal: 114-114
        Tim Dahlberg, Associated Press: 114-114
        Bryan Graham, Sports Illustrated: 114-114
        Kevin Iole, Yahoo!Sports: 114-114
        Kieran Mulvaney, ESPN.com/Reuters: 114-114
        Dan Rafael, ESPN.com: 114-114
        Rick Reeno, BoxingScene.com: 114-114
        Nice.

I have it 115-113 for JMM.

But I am going to re-watch it a few times without being soo drunk like on Sat.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingtech718v2 View Post
          I'm still a little in shock even today that they robbed Marquez so blatantly.
          I had it 116 - 112 for Marquez. It's pretty obvious they will never let JMM win a decision over Pac the best revenge he can do is walk away from Pac and tell him to stop running from Mayweather.
          Man get sense. He fights for money. He's just made probably up to $10 miil, and you want him to walk away from a possible further $10 mill. Don't allow fans' enthusiasms and loonieness to influence clear thinking.

I'll bet that he'll jump at the chance of another Pacquiao fight, after maybe playing it a bilt coy to try to up the purse a bit. Every boxer at anywhere close to the weight is just itching for a fight with MannyP even thought they know they'll likely take a heavy beating. They want that purse which will probably double everythig they've earned in their whole careers total, and more. They don't want to fight Mayweather which would be much easier on them physically, they want to fight MannyP who has alltime global appeal.

Martinez, the 154 lb champ and present undoubted middleweight champ is just slavering at the mouth for the opportunity to half kill himself to come down to 150 lbs to fight Pacquiao, just waiting for the word. So again, get sense.

Comment

WTF with ESPN's Dan Rafael. After the fight, ESPN showed Dan's scorecards, 7-5 for Pac. Now saying He has it a draw. But here is the link with Dan showing 7-5.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...manuel-marquez

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
              Man get sense. He fights for money. He's just made probably up to $10 miil, and you want him to walk away from a possible further $10 mill. Don't allow fans' enthusiasms and loonieness to influence clear thinking.

I'll bet that he'll jump at the chance of another Pacquiao fight, after maybe playing it a bilt coy to try to up the purse a bit. Every boxer at anywhere close to the weight is just itching for a fight with MannyP even thought they know they'll likely take a heavy beating. They want that purse which will probably double everythig they've earned in their whole careers total, and more. They don't want to fight Mayweather which would be much easier on them physically, they want to fight MannyP who has alltime global appeal.

Martinez, the 154 lb champ and present undoubted middleweight champ is just slavering at the mouth for the opportunity to half kill himself to come down to 150 lbs to fight Pacquiao, just waiting for the word. So again, get sense.
              and the only ones who get the shot are guys on their way down or with a nice loss on their record, made for an easy win to feed his fans into believing he's a demigod. just about every fighter who wants manny wants floyd, they're guaranteed career high paychecks. only difference is you need to be busted up to get the pacman first. mayweather is nowhere to be find for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
                WTF with ESPN's Dan Rafael. After the fight, ESPN showed Dan's scorecards, 7-5 for Pac. Now saying He has it a draw. But here is the link with Dan showing 7-5.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...manuel-marquez
                he was just sucking up to pac or off the tit of top prank's bob arum. he's still a little delusional from fight night, i heard lots of people were throwing bottles, must have hit him too to come up with that shit scorecard. oh well, the blind will continue to be blind.

Comment

Originally posted by latinbrawler316 View Post
                  people still crying over this lol get over it. i had it 116-112 pac, marquez only won rounds 2,5,7,8 imo. the rounds marquez won were more clear then the rounds pacquiao won. some of the rounds i gave pacquiao were even but he was the aggressor so i gave it too him marquez didnt want to fight
                  And you are in the Minority good for you.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
                    Same here man, it broke my heart to see JMM in his locker room looking disappointed when he should have been celebrating the greatest victory and performance of his career.
                    i almost cried lol

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
                      I just scored again, and gave all of the close rounds to pac, and still at worst should have been a draw. There is no way in hell he won by 116, or 115 imo. No way.

I wouldnt complain as much about a draw, but imo pac did nothing big to win the fight. He was flustered and outboxed all night.

All through the later rounds the announcers were ragging on marquez for not doing enough...well wtf did pacquiao the champ do? IMo, truth be told, they were not gonna let marquez ruin a mega million payday. At he end of the day, money talks. Thats why im not too sold on seeing a rematch. It will be another good match, but the end will be much of the same. Its a shame, this could have been a shining moment.
                      Agree with you sentiments here dude. Originally I watched the fight and thought he was robbed, I had Marquez up 116 rounds to 112. On replay I had it much closer 115 rounds to 113 Marquez or a draw. Either way Pacman should not have got the victory IMO, if it was going to anyone Marquez should have come out on top. A lot of the punches I thought Pac missed he actually landed on replay, but Marquez controlled the fight and its style and landed the best combinations and cleaner punches by far.

The HBO commentary was so pro Pacquiao, I only heard it when I watched the replay and Lederman's card was a disgrace. It was all for Pacquiao, all benefit of the doubt and much support.

No need for a rematch as I can't see anything changing for the next one, close and difficult to call again unless Pacquiao comes out fighting in his old vein and takes risks to put Marquez away. I don't think Marquez can knock Pacquiao out.

The question is who does Pacquiao face? I wouldn't give Pac a chance against Mayweather after that performance, or his last few, Mayweather will take him for 12 rounds and school him.

Comment

Working...
                      X