No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto vs. Chavez Will Not Happen in 2011, Says Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WESS View Post
    Again, Bob arum protecting fighters. Everyone wants to see Cotto vs Margarito II anyways. Just makes it more clear of how Bob works and how he protects fighters.
    I wouldnt expect anything else after watching that fight last weekend. Feeding Chavez to any elite fighter would be feeding him to the wolves plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
      Cotto-Cintron would be for the Lineal Jr MW Championship. If Arum makes that fight I don't know how anyone can be mad.
      Everyone has there own opinion. Cotto vs K-Frog isnt a bad fight but I dont like Cintron vs Cotto over a Cotto vs Martinez Cotto-Margarito or a Cotto vs P.Williams (if he beats Lara) which i'm sure those fighters are willing to fight and negotiate with Cotto.

Comment

Come on WBC issue Martinez's immediate title shot! Juniors promoter has stated he doesn't deserve to wear the strap.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          Top Rank's CEO, Bob Arum, advised BoxingScene.com that he will not go through with a rumored bout matching promotional stablemates WBA junior middleweight king Miguel Cotto (36-2, 29 KOs), who is 30, and newly-crowned, 25-year-old WBC middleeweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (43-0-1, 30 KOs).

[Click Here To Read More]
          How can he be a champion and not be ready?

Comment

Is anyone surprised this came after the high numbers the chavez-zbik both brought?
            Last edited by caredjo; 06-09-2011, 10:59 AM.

Comment

He was ready enough to have you manufacture a championship though huh Bob? This old man is something else.

Comment

How sad & Pathetic is Chavez that he as a paper champion at Middleweight, is scared to fight a shop worn 154lb paper champion in Cotto.

Seriously, what a ****ing bum.

Comment

Dammit Bob!!
                  Why the f*** not?
                  Chavez Jr. father wanted it, the fans want it. Chavez jr, just put up 1.5 million viewers on HBO, we know Cotto puts viewers on HBO, make the bloody fight happen.
                  Why risk Cotto losing, or Chavez jr losing?
                  Remember what happened to Lopez/Gamboa
                  The fight is hot now! Make it happen.

Comment

This is just laughable. They give him a shot of a title that he wins and now he is not ready. Ain't Jr a champion now.

If fighters are not ready to fight top opposition they shouldn't be champions in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakutindi Wauya View Post
                      How can he be a champion and not be ready?
                      Its Bull***** man, same with Berto when he won his title people were saying "he's still green, still learning....." Whatever ****er u won a title now u must act like a champion, if u wanted to keep learning u shoulda held off on that title shot!

Im not sure how much any of this is Chavez Jnr's fault but when i look at him i just see everything that sux about boxing today and feel like pasting the cu.nt myself!

Comment

Working...
                      X