Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitali: "lennox is the strongest boxer of all time"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its a shame some of the fans of both guys cant be as graceful.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopperRead View Post
      No, they are giving a Canadian fighter credit.
      This.

Comment

that might be the last 'great' HW fight i remember

Comment

Originally posted by dirk diggler uk View Post
          its a shame some of the fans of both guys cant be as graceful.
          very true.........

Comment

Originally posted by War-Robbo View Post
            Lol guys on here giving a british fighter credit??? Surely not... or was it just because vitali said it?? lol

british fighters deserving of credit are regularly praised on here
            there have been plenty of great british fighters in both the contemporary and historic contexts

to say that they deserve an equal share of the total praise, however, is foolish.
            the best fighters in the world fight in the states. if we praise them more regularly it's because there's more to praise, not because we believe the british fighters aren't worthy of praise.

a winning run gets you out of britain, does it not?
            it's certainly not that way in the states.

i'm a huge fan of the way british fighters are raised domestically. it builds true fan-bases (there is only one ricky hatton)
            huge, dedicated fanbases, that will travel the world.
            but the fighters fight and aspire to better their careers for the opportunity to enter the "world level"
            and that generally means fighting against world champions who live and train and fight in north america, particularly the united states.

for the record :
            if vitali say's lennox is out of this world strong, i believe the guy.
            lennox was an absolute dumptruck of a man once he filled out
            an underrated boxer
            and a tough guy through and through

nobody outside of the fools discredit lennox lewis because of his britishness.

brits are generally gentlemanly fighters
            the best top to bottom fight card i've seen in a huge stretch was the "Magnificent 7"
            Last edited by New England; 03-16-2011, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopperRead View Post
              Did you see Solis fight Austin?

No way is he in Lennox's league.

The funny thing is, people used to talk **** about Lewis almost as much as they do about the Klitschkos now. But since he's been gone for awhile, all is forgiven.
              I never said he was in Lennox's league, he's not.

I was always a Lewis fan and became a fan of Vitali after that fight..everyone is entitled to an opinion and if they want to talk **** about a fighter then let them carry on

Comment

Lennox and Vitali are both Hall of Famers. Lennox is an ATG. Vitali's not quite there yet.

Comment

This is such a jerkov session between the two fighters.

Old Lennox isnt the strongest(Max Baer/Foreman) and vitali isnt his toughest fight(Oliver/Mccall).

Comment

Altough I appreciate the interview, I must have missed the part where Vitali says "Lewis was the strongest boxer of all time".
                    just the toughest fight of his career.

soon this thread will end by someone going on a rampage with copy and paste posts.

Comment

Its good to see LL finally give Vitali credit as an opponent because i remember right after the fight being interviewed he was like a stroppy teenager.

Ali gave Frasier credit even though they were enemies as well. So its good to see. Vitali gives LL credit of course. But LL was a great champion. Has got to be one of the best of all time, if Vitali himself says it. But he keeps saying STRONGEST and not greatest.

Comment

Working...
                      X