Comments Thread For: Bradley-Alexander Winner Best at 140, Regardless of Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dvb View Post
    so bradley is considered the best,but his last 3 fights are:

Abregu(abre who???) Welterweight,out of divsion fight.

Peterson-
    good fighter,not great,lost to ortiz last fight,isnt as good as malignaggi,kotelnik or maidana.

Nate Campbell-
    not a light welter,a lightweight,fight ending was dubious,headbut,overturned to no contest,dude was old,but fight had only just got started when it ended.

Khans last 3:
    Maidana- most dangerous and wild one in the division.

Malignaggi-only lost to cotto and hatton before,got robbed by diaz,outboxed him twice better than marquez did.

Kotelnik-won the title off him,outboxed him every round,made him look rubbish,kotelnik disproved this by his performance vs Alexander,some question alexander given the win.

Alexanders-
    kotelnik-barely "won",
    Urango-washed up a bit,good win though,
    witter-the quiter,already beat by bradley.

I think khan from his last 3,4 fights,his wins,his performances,and the last 3 opponents experience and styles rank him no 1 right now.
    You sound like a Khan nuthugger,Khan would never fight Abregu..Oh and since your most likely a casual fan(ya have to be if you don't know who Abregu is)let me let you in on a lil something,Abregu is a big puncher who has KO'd and knock down big WW's..That was a very impressive win for Bradley's first fight at the weight..Bradley also beat Witter when Witter was ranked behind Hatton,which means he beat the num 1 Jr WW(what was Paulie and Kottie ranked when Khan beat them??)he also beat Holt who was ranked four or five when losing to Bradley..Campbell just came off a big win at LW not to mention was unified at LW and nobody at the weight wanted to fight him..

Let's look at Khan shall we..He beat MAB to make his debut at the weight I believe,I also believe MAB is a natural featherweight(I think JMM is too make sense now why Khan want to fight him lol)he beat Salita and unproven nobody..He went on to beat Kottie,which with his physical attributes he had better won that fight,oh and Kottie not a big puncher but this was a solid victory..He then moves on to fight Paulie who just lost to Hatton(a natural 140lb fighter)Paulie then moved on to beat Diaz(not that impressive Diaz was a blown up LW who got his ass beat by Nate Campbell lol)this was not a good win but he did beat a ranked 140lb so kudo's..Maidana his best win at the weight..I think Khan is right were he belongs behind Bradley..Bradley has the best resume at the weight no denying that,but the winner of Bradley/Alexander has to fight Khan..
    Last edited by Rome-By-Ko; 01-19-2011, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
      Absolutely not and I hate when people say this.

Khan has just as much of a claim as the best in the division as either Bradley or Alexander.....resume and talent wise.

That's why I'm glad this isn't for the ring belt as this bout still doesn't determine who the best is at 140.
      I agree I'm happy this is not for the ring belt,but if Devon was to beat Bradley he would have to be the num 1 Jr WW..He is ranked 3rd at the moment and if he beats the top dog of the div..Like it or not if Devon beats Bradley his resume is better then Khan's and therefore would have to fight Khan to see who's the best..But clearly the winner of this fight would be ranked num 1..
      Last edited by Rome-By-Ko; 01-19-2011, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
        Absolutely not and I hate when people say this.

Khan has just as much of a claim as the best in the division as either Bradley or Alexander.....resume and talent wise.

That's why I'm glad this isn't for the ring belt as this bout still doesn't determine who the best is at 140.
        No, you're wrong. Khan doesn't have a better resume than Tim Bradley so if Tim wins the fight, there's no doubt that he is the best in the division. If Devon wins he has a beat the man of the division and has the best win of the bunch and is the best fighter in the division. Khan can't jump either fighter, no matter the out come. If Khan wants to be looked at as the best he will have to fight the winner.

Comment

Well Khan has a date April 16th I say the winner take him up if possible and fight him right away.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
            Well Khan has a date April 16th I say the winner take him up if possible and fight him right away.
            Less than 3 month layoff from the biggest fight of their lives? Come on, dude. They need to meet in September but Khan will ***** out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

Or lets pretend Alexander didnt just get embarrassed by Kotelnik in his hometown.

Its two Yanks fighting....so they must be the best. Durrr
              That isn't true. Logic says it is a fight for the top spot. First off Bradley is the top fighter so the win only enhances his resume. If Alexander wins, he just beat the top guy. You act like Alexander is some bum. He is the forth or fifth guy in the division(you, yourself have admitted to this). If the forth guy in the division beats the top guy then he is the man of the division, especially in this case. You continue to chalk it up to the Kotelnik fight but Khan has a loss and if you want to give Alexander an imaginary loss, sure, both then have one loss but Alexander has the better win with Bradley and gets the nod over Khan. This fight DOES award the winner the clear number 1 spot. Someone will have to beat the winner to take the spot from them.
              Last edited by Check; 01-19-2011, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dvb View Post
                so bradley is considered the best,but his last 3 fights are:

Abregu(abre who???) Welterweight,out of divsion fight.

Peterson-
                good fighter,not great,lost to ortiz last fight,isnt as good as malignaggi,kotelnik or maidana.

Nate Campbell-
                not a light welter,a lightweight,fight ending was dubious,headbut,overturned to no contest,dude was old,but fight had only just got started when it ended.

Khans last 3:
                Maidana- most dangerous and wild one in the division.

Malignaggi-only lost to cotto and hatton before,got robbed by diaz,outboxed him twice better than marquez did.

Kotelnik-won the title off him,outboxed him every round,made him look rubbish,kotelnik disproved this by his performance vs Alexander,some question alexander given the win.

Alexanders-
                kotelnik-barely "won",
                Urango-washed up a bit,good win though,
                witter-the quiter,already beat by bradley.

I think khan from his last 3,4 fights,his wins,his performances,and the last 3 opponents experience and styles rank him no 1 right now.
                Originally posted by Red Rebel View Post
                Winner needs to fight Khan to see who is the best at 140. Honestly, both fighters losses to Maidana & Khan, by KO and wide points respectively.

Agree with these posters.... winner of Alexander/Bradley fights Khan and loses.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish_Scotland View Post
                  Agree with these posters.... winner of Alexander/Bradley fights Khan and loses.
                  Regardless how you feel about the imaginary fight with Khan, this thread isn't about that. It's just about getting it through peoples skulls that the winner, rightfully so, will be looked at the number 1 fighter in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                    Less than 3 month layoff from the biggest fight of their lives? Come on, dude. They need to meet in September but Khan will ***** out.
                    I'm also willing to bet Khan will ***** out and back pedal. Watch and wait for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      What a dumb article. He basically stated all the reasons why this fight does not determine the best.

Then he talks about how it almost impossible to say its not the two best.
                      , exactly.

So would it be OK if Mayweather was gonna fight Cotto in 2008 for the Ring belt after Cotto got beat by Margarito?

Comment

Working...
                      X