Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters who had to learn there trade the hard way geting over matched from the start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighters who had to learn there trade the hard way geting over matched from the start

Of there Career's!

Pete Rademacher Floyd Patterson first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
      Pete Rademacher Floyd Patterson first fight.
      I was going to mention him as well. It is just unbelievable when you look at this chap's roster. Really, it is. It kicks off with the Heavyweight Champion of the world, & then reads like a who's-who of the division for the next several years.

They really threw the poor guy to the wolves, for whatever reason. He did the best he could (which, considering, wasn't too bad).

Comment

Rafael Marquez's pro debut was against Victor Rabanales, a former world champ with 55 pro fights. Marquez's team thought it was considered an exhibition bout. It wasn't.

Comment

Dempsey for one. He fought many tough fights when he wasn't ready and many times almost lost. Sometimes he had to avoid fight altogether. One of his former managers named John Reisler tried matching a thin and starving Dempsey against Gunboat Smith and Sam Langford and Carl Morris! Dempsey, wisely refused. He wasn't ready. And though he neevr fought Langford, due to racism of the promoters, he did smoke Morris and Smith easily later on. Tunney had many fights, but Greb pounded him and he learned new skills the hard way. Jack Johnson as well, getting whipped by Klon***e and KO'ed in 3 by Joe Choynski.

Comment

BHOP loss his first fight to Clinton Mitchell? due to being put in against a Light Heavyweight, he than would go on to the MW division and do wonders there.

I am not sure if i would say over matched? But we do know that Armstrong had loss 3 of his 4 fights and had to get over those early losses.

Comment

Working...
            X