No announcement yet.

Bennett's Fracture/Boxer's fracture

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bennett's Fracture/Boxer's fracture

Hey everyone, I'm new on the forum, been doing boxing for 3 years, 6 foot tall and 157 lb.
    On 10th January in sparring I fractured my thumb at the joint (where it connects to the hand). I got a cast on now, don't know how long it will take to heal but I'm scared that I won't be able to box if it does not grow back properly... Anyone know of this injury? If anyone can tell me how long it takes to heal because most say you need operation on it if you want it to heal properly.

Any advice will be appreciated

iLLz

i just had the same thing happen to me about 10 days ago and my finger is already healing up! I had the option of a cast or a removable brace so I can still wea gloves just not really punch with my left hand.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing4ever View Post
      i just had the same thing happen to me about 10 days ago and my finger is already healing up! I had the option of a cast or a removable brace so I can still wea gloves just not really punch with my left hand.
      Did your one break at the joint?

Comment

no mine was right here on the red mark

Comment

no mine was right here on the red mark
          Oh, cool, mine is at the joint

Comment

Originally posted by iLLz View Post
            I just thought get my input on this as well. I'm a skateboarder, i've been skating for about 16 years now, im 22. So i figure my body takes enough of a beating skateboarding everyday. But i love to train, hit the speed bag, heavy bag, and even some light sparring (boxing seriously helps skateboarding and visa versa). But around 4 or 5 years ago i broke my scaphoid in my right hand(the bone that connects the thumb to the wrist). It required surgery because it would have taken a year to heal in a cast. I guess that bone gets the least blood supply out of every bone in your whole body so it takes longer to heal. It took about two years to fully recover mobility but im hitting just fine with the same strength and endurance. My hand doesnt get sore, it feels perfect. So you should be okay.

Comment

Originally posted by iLLz View Post
              same i fractured it there on saturday in sparin, well anoyed coz i had my first fight lined up.

Comment

I have permanently ****ed up pinky fingers but just punch through the pain. I think you just need to give ample time to heal and everything gets better.

Comment

Originally posted by danny stash View Post
                  I have permanently ****ed up pinky fingers but just punch through the pain. I think you just need to give ample time to heal and everything gets better.
                  ya your kinda right because you can give it time and it might become better but it almost will never be the same again after a fracture or break

Comment

I damaged my thumb at the joint about 6 weeks ago.
                    I didn't go to the docs because I didn't want to know. I had some guy's at the gym check it out they thing I might have fractured the joint. But I have strapped it up and its still a little sore but overall its healing well.
                    Just allow time and be careful with it.

DMC

Comment

Working...
                    X