Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce Makes Pro Debut, Stops Ian Lewison in Eight Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
    Let's be fair, Lewison has only ever been stopped once and that was in the corner against Whyte. He's never looked like he was going to be KO'd. I'd never judge a fighters power because they didn't drop Lewison easily, he has a chin and very tough.

All things considered, it's a very good debut. Joyce is still raw, which is to be expected really. They shouldn't move him up too quick though, he has plenty to learn.

He got rid of Lewison quicker than Whyte did and Whyte is a fighter supposedly on course for world title shots. So i can't be too critical.
    Yeah, people had warped expectations if they wanted something more than that. Joyce pretty much lived up to my hopes. He looks ready to wade right into the lively domestic scene
    Last edited by NEETzsche; 10-20-2017, 04:48 PM.

Comment

lewison beats allen wide ud imo

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        I think the two lads fighting for the English title are probably better than Sexton.

Sexton is decent but long in the tooth, not a big puncher, short for a heavyweight, and has achieved his life time goal I'd think.

I dunno how much money the channel Dave gets them because I think Sexton will want to cash out
        Gorman looks to be pretty good, but I haven't seen or heard anything from Webb that would make me think he could beat Sexton. Sexton or Allen vs Joyce would be fun, interesting fights for sure

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
          lewison beats allen wide ud imo
          This is another fight that I would really like to see as well

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
            This is another fight that I would really like to see as well
            you heard the guy allen was meant to fight next week in rematch lenroy Thomas has pulled out with a virus

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
              Yeah, people had warped expectations if they wanted something more than that. Joyce pretty much lived up to my hopes. He looks ready to wade right into the lively domestic scene
              Definitely. Great addition to the domestic scene!

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                you heard the guy allen was meant to fight next week in rematch lenroy Thomas has pulled out with a virus
                Wait, what? Thomas has pulled out? Where did you see this? I hadn't heard anything about that

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                  Exactly.

I thought Joyce got a bit better as the fight went on. I do think he was a little apprehensive with his shots and didn't fully commit to them but it was his debut against a tough guy who can crack a bit with his overhand rights, so he was bound to be a bit nervous/cautious.

Lewison actually come to fight too. Most debutants are in with guys who are turning up knowing they're gonna lose but get paid.

Comment

Good stuff from Hutchinson. One of the best prospects in the country

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                      Wait, what? Thomas has pulled out? Where did you see this? I hadn't heard anything about that

Comment

Working...
                      X