No announcement yet.

Let´s be honest. GGG is washed up, totally past his prime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
    See Larry, you twist stuff. His competition is finally daring to face him now that he is on that past prime decline. They grew a bit of balls when they saw that GGG is only human. But it’s ok. He’s still owning those pvssies.
    This, I totally agree with!

Comment

People say GGG is nothing special but in most cards he beat Canelo,so is canelo nothing special either?

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
        What you mean when he fough c level competition he was allowing himself to get hit on purpose, but now that A level opponents are hitting him he is washed up. I don't see much difference in decline. He's still a top guy in his weight class but he was or is never a great.
        I think he's a really good fighter. I don't bash him but some of his fans have real issues coming to terms with recent revelations, which are actually things I've been saying all along.
        That he was easy to hit/defense isn't great.
        That he didn't have 1-punch KO power because his timing isn't great.
        He can't deal with lateral movement.

That doesn't mean he's garbage. Just that the fans who thought he was superman either ignored the signs, or they don't have the eye to spot these things. If people finally see the things I mentioned above, it's not because he got old. But, because the level of competition made these things clear to even the most casual of fans.

When he gets old, you'll see his cardio go and his punch resistance fade. That's yet to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
          35 years and nearly 400 fights counting amateur and professional

No wonder he´s thinking about retirement, fighting and training so much for so long takes a huge toll in the human body and mind

even if GGG is a special human being, hardest mw puncher ever, greatest mw chin ever, arguably the greatest mw ever h2h, period. he is still a human being.

He´s been on a steady decline for a while, it was obvious in the Brook fight, and gets more obvious with each new fight

Prime GGG, the one who destroyed Prokza (aka the polish Sergio Martinez) would have brutally ko´d both Jacobs and Canelo for sure

but that GGG is gone

GGG can still do great things because he is that good, that´s the way legendary fighters are. but keep in mind, any future achievements, any new victories by current GGG, they are being accomplished by a shadow of his former self.
          According to some, he's just as fresh when he was 30. GGG will never be past his prime. At 40, people will say he's just facing better opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
            and jesus christ just reading these comments now, what the hell are you guys on about, you'd have thought golovkin just got knocked out or something 'he always had limitations, he was never great' he just (in almost everyones eyes) beat the guy you all said was going to outbox/school him at age of 35 lol. Hes top of many pound for pound lists for that exact reason. so why are your expectations so damn high for this guy? He gotta knock every fighter out in one round or something? every fighter in history has had tough fights, floyd seriousyl struggled against maidana and castillo, was he 'exposed'? Why are you guys so threatened by golovkin?? Theres basically nothing to dislike about him but all you guys do is ***** and moan and whine like a bunch of schoolgirls.
            Its not that he needs to knock everyone out in one round, but he just looks limited since he has stepped up, I and a few others could see his limits before these fights, I think that is what some of the posters are trying to say. I think Golovkin fans do not take criticism well, I have nothing against him personally, he seems like a great guy, and I am glad that he finally made a life changing pay day that his career and talent deserves. He is a great fighter, there I said it, he is a GREAT FIGHTER. That doesn't mean that he is p4p number 1, nor does it mean he is even better than Canelo.

Its true that Floyd struggled in those fights, and there are plenty of examples of great fighters struggling and even losing, Ali against Norton, or a fighter who is sometimes compared to GGG is Kostya Tszyu who struggled and lost to Vince Phillips, but the difference is that those guys also put in some special, great performances against top competition too. Also if you take the Floyd examples you gave, there are still moments in those fights where he does things with a certain skill and talent and you are like 'wow'.

GGG has made no adjustments in his tough fights, he has been outboxed for long periods, he hasn't been very effective when he has had his opponent on the ropes, its his jab, his workrate, his size, and toughness which have kept him competitive and allowed him to have success, against Canelo he basically waited for him to slow down before he had any success in the middle rounds, but even then it was hardly an offensive masterclass, he just fought hard and outworked Canelo and in some rounds by the skin of his teeth. I am not saying that he hasn't showed any skill at all, he has, if he didn't have any he would be Chavez jr.

In my opinion there is no way this guy should be anywhere near the top of the pound for pound list, far too limited, there are far better, more skilled, more versatile fighters out there. That is the reality of the situation, if Golovkin stepped up to 168lbs his limitations would be exposed even further in my opinion, and probably against fighters who are less than stellar, but yet there are fighters out there who have stepped up more than 8lbs and are still beating top competition, knocking out champions. Golovkin at the very best is a top 4-6 p4p fighter.

Comment

he's slowing down, still the best in the division

Comment

Originally posted by Hewito View Post
                People say GGG is nothing special but in most cards he beat Canelo,so is canelo nothing special either?
                He really isn't. Canelo is overrated as well. Popularity doesn't necessarily equal greatness.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                  Its not that he needs to knock everyone out in one round, but he just looks limited since he has stepped up, I and a few others could see his limits before these fights, I think that is what some of the posters are trying to say. I think Golovkin fans do not take criticism well, I have nothing against him personally, he seems like a great guy, and I am glad that he finally made a life changing pay day that his career and talent deserves. He is a great fighter, there I said it, he is a GREAT FIGHTER. That doesn't mean that he is p4p number 1, nor does it mean he is even better than Canelo.

Its true that Floyd struggled in those fights, and there are plenty of examples of great fighters struggling and even losing, Ali against Norton, or a fighter who is sometimes compared to GGG is Kostya Tszyu who struggled and lost to Vince Phillips, but the difference is that those guys also put in some special, great performances against top competition too. Also if you take the Floyd examples you gave, there are still moments in those fights where he does things with a certain skill and talent and you are like 'wow'.

GGG has made no adjustments in his tough fights, he has been outboxed for long periods, he hasn't been very effective when he has had his opponent on the ropes, its his jab, his workrate, his size, and toughness which have kept him competitive and allowed him to have success, against Canelo he basically waited for him to slow down before he had any success in the middle rounds, but even then it was hardly an offensive masterclass, he just fought hard and outworked Canelo and in some rounds by the skin of his teeth. I am not saying that he hasn't showed any skill at all, he has, if he didn't have any he would be Chavez jr.

In my opinion there is no way this guy should be anywhere near the top of the pound for pound list, far too limited, there are far better, more skilled, more versatile fighters out there. That is the reality of the situation, if Golovkin stepped up to 168lbs his limitations would be exposed even further in my opinion, and probably against fighters who are less than stellar, but yet there are fighters out there who have stepped up more than 8lbs and are still beating top competition, knocking out champions. Golovkin at the very best is a top 4-6 p4p fighter.
                  i dont understand it though, not a pop at you cause i dont know your prediction, but lots of people on here were saying canelo was going to outbox him clearly, predicting him to win and 'expose' ggg. That clearly didnt happen but people are still slating golovkin anyway. If people picked canelo to win, then surely ggg's better than people thought if anything considering almost everyone in the media didnt think canelo won. It just seems as if people are saying 'i told you so' when they didnt actually tell us so, they told us the exact opposite would happen.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                    i dont understand it though, not a pop at you cause i dont know your prediction, but lots of people on here were saying canelo was going to outbox him clearly, predicting him to win and 'expose' ggg. That clearly didnt happen but people are still slating golovkin anyway. If people picked canelo to win, then surely ggg's better than people thought if anything considering almost everyone in the media didnt think canelo won. It just seems as if people are saying 'i told you so' when they didnt actually tell us so, they told us the exact opposite would happen.
                    I'll PM you my pre-fight prediction, I sent it to Redd Foxx in a private convo. My pick was Canelo by narrow decision, and the fight played out pretty much how I thought, apart from I thought Canelo would bank more early rounds. I knew he would get outworked when there was pauses in his activity and movement, but I also knew GGG would get outboxed when Canelo was working and letting his hands go.

See your wrong the betting, and general consensus before the fight was probably about 60-40 to 65-35 in GGG's direction. I don't deny that their were silly opinions, but they were on both sides, in fact I would say there were more on GGG side or from Canelo haters. I'll give you one example: that 'Canelo could never move and box, so he would be a sitting duck'.

People will always hate no matter what, but there are some of us in the middle who are the voice of reason, and tend to call things without unbiased views. I am genuinely a fan of both guys work, but I find myself putting GGG fans in their place more because the opinions seem to be more extreme and less fact based.

My opinion of GGG today is much better than it was 18 months ago, because he has stepped up, but in doing so we have seen what he has and what he doesn't have.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
                      See Larry, you twist stuff. His competition is finally daring to face him now that he is on that past prime decline. They grew a bit of balls when they saw that GGG is only human. But it’s ok. He’s still owning those pvssies.
                      ya...totally...cause a 25 year old with no fights against middleweights should have been in a hurry to fight him 2 years ago....ya man...ur right....LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X