Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Your Life Turned Out The Way You Thought?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am textbook middle class. I can support my family and have a little f.uck you money.

In a position professionally where further ambition just doesn’t make any sense to me.

Comment

Certain aspects yes, for the most part. But there’s always those variables that occur that you have no control of, so nobody’s life can ever turn out complete as they want or expect.

Comment

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
        I am still on the right path.
        Growing old, you come to appreciate the things you used to take for granted.
        Food on the table. Roof over your head. Health. Living a life without being in a warzone.
        None of it is actually for granted.

If my neighbors can afford a Rolls-Royce while I'm riding my bicycle, it's no longer of importance to me.
        By now, I realize (it took some time) I have been gifted with a good life.

Comment

I never planned my life out, never gave it real thought to be honest. I was in my teens having fun making some real money doing the wrong things or what some in society "DEEMS" is the wrong things (for now at least) but anyways then I go to prison and realize nothing really matters but $$$$$, so I get out and that was my goal $$$$$ so I did what I did that was the easiest path for me to get my hands on it, fast forward to today I own multiple businesses and living a great life and to be honest the end result I always knew I was gonna get i.e. the great life, beautiful wife, and kids. THE HOW is what I never knew, so ....... it is what it is I never thought anything about how my path was gonna go to get here but Im happy and grateful for everything I experience in life the good and the bad.
          Last edited by .!WAR MIKEY!.; 10-19-2019, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Yep. Key is to grind in your 20’s

Comment

Yes and no.

On an internal level yes. I'm not far off from how I envisioned my adult self. I envisioned myself as being middle class, not rich. Staying in shape and learning how to fight, but never fantasized about being a pro athlete. I think I kept my expectations pretty realistic as far as stuff like that goes.

On an external level, no. I was raised in a warm traditional family environment and assumed life in the outside world wasn't *that* much different.

In fact, I first got into the habit of online communities looking for an excuse to avoid my friends when they were experimenting with drugs or passing some skanky girl around. Repeatedly witnessing the purging of "problematic" data in grad school alienated me from many of my peers there too. I didn't anticipate being so alienated from the places I grew up. As an adult most of my friends are either foreigners or conservative midwesterners.
              Last edited by ////; 10-19-2019, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X