No announcement yet.

Conor McGregor investigated for second sexual assault charge

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conor McGregor investigated for second sexual assault charge

As he publicly campaigns for a fight against Frankie Edgar, former two-division UFC champion Conor McGregor is being investigated for sexual assault case, the second such accusation he's faced in the last 12 months.

The story was reported by the New York Times on Saturday.

The second allegation stems from an incident last week outside a pub in Dublin, Ireland, where a woman in her 20s claims she was sexually assaulted in car. McGregor has not been charged and hasn't been interviewed about the claim.

In a statement to the Times, McGregor's publicist said, “Conor McGregor is frequently the subject of rumors. He emphatically denies any report accusing him of sexual assault.”

McGregor's tumultuous life outside the cage has been a story for the majority of the year:

- He remains under investigation for a sexual assault claim from December 2018.

- He was charged with assault in October following his punching of a man that refused to drink a shot of whiskey he gave him. He will have a hearing next month.

- He was charged with a felony and a misdemeanor after an incident with a man outside a Miami nightclub in which McGregor destroyed his cell phone. Charges were later dropped.

McGregor has said he wants to return to action soon and was pushing for a December fight with the former UFC lightweight champion Edgar, but Dana White said there's no interest in doing that fight. He has been out of action for a year.

Wow sometimes I wonder if these guys start these kind of things to stay relevant because them being millionaires alone would get them any piece of tail they want without any forcefullness

Comment

Floyd definitely ruined him. He suffered CTE in that fight and I’m almost certain of it.

Comment

He's certainly living up to his ring name: Notorious.

It's sad but what can you do.

Comment

The Champ Champ becoming the Sexual Assaulter Sexual Assaulter.

Comment

Originally posted by giant_king View Post
            Wow sometimes I wonder if these guys start these kind of things to stay relevant because them being millionaires alone would get them any piece of tail they want without any forcefullness
            Idk that Conor has been outta the news to wanna go sexual assault someone to just get bigger news.

Hear about this mfer at least once a week hitting someone in the head, advertising his alcohol, b^tching with the UFC, false fights being discussed, etc & so on.

Comment

pb32 and slob would have blown him for free

dublin...too many pints

Comment

McGregor's next opponent will be Bill Cosby in the can.

Comment

Show me a hero and I will show you a tragedy.

Comment

It's clearly part of his desire to break into life as a Boxing promoter. Gives him credibility with that element.

Less risky than getting drunk and crashing his ferrari, for example.

Comment

Working...
                    X