No announcement yet.

If Lucas Matthysse hadn't been robbed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Lucas Matthysse hadn't been robbed

Do you think he could've been Top 10 P4P? At least #10? Let's just say he had gotten the W's vs Alexander and Judah. That would be:
    Harris, Corley (these 2 are not so great), Alexander, Judah, Soto and Ajose.

Some may not know Ajose but last night's win was a hell of a win that's for sure. I think he could had made a pretty good case for #10 P4P. And has anyone noticed that the only 2 times Lucas hasn't KOed his opponents they were robberies?

He will be P4P soon enough! I had him beating Alexander but I had Judah barely beating him, I'd have to go to back and watch that fight though. I Would love to see Lucas vs Garcia or my current pipe dream fight...Lucas vs the winner of Alvarado/Rios

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
      He will be P4P soon enough! I had him beating Alexander but I had Judah barely beating him, I'd have to go to back and watch that fight though. I Would love to see Lucas vs Garcia or my current pipe dream fight...Lucas vs the winner of Alvarado/Rios
      Im not gonna lie, I like Alvarado and all but I think Matthysse destroys both. He does the same thing those 2 do but way better. I am now fully convinced this guy is THE man to beat at 140. And as far as Garcia is concerned, if GBP want his shine to last better keep him away from Matthysse as well. Matter of fact, isn't Matthysse Garcia's mandatory now? Let's hope he doesn't get the okie doke like Ajose did.

Comment

and those guys were Southpaws so its not as bad anyways since most struggle way more against Southpaws.

The only way to know for sure is when he gets that marquee fight, perferably against a righty. If he gets a Khan, Bradley, Peterson, JMM, Garcia, Maidana fight

Comment

He would certainly be on the edge. He should be undefeated but thanks to boxing politics they had to rob him

Comment

No elite fighter at 140 is safe, none. I'd pick Lucas over any & all. Yes that includes Bradley, Marquez & Pacman if he's brave enough to return to 140.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
              and those guys were Southpaws so its not as bad anyways since most struggle way more against Southpaws.

The only way to know for sure is when he gets that marquee fight, perferably against a righty. If he gets a Khan, Bradley, Peterson, JMM, Garcia, Maidana fight
              Garcia should be THE one. No way Khan is stupid enough to fight him. And I truly believe Maidana left 140 to avoid Lucas. Remember after the Alexander fight he said 147 was not the weight for him and was going down to 140? But right after that he announces that he's staying at 147.

Comment

He was never robbed against Judah, very close fight that could've gone either way.

Comment

Had he beat Judah, he would've gone on to fight Khan. Had he beat Khan, he probably would've gone on to fight the winner of Alexander/Bradley. Pretty sure there could be an argument made for him being P4P at that point.

I think those controversial decisions helped him in the end, cuz it reinforces his mental toughness. Guys like Maidana/Khan/Alexander/Bradley were in the limelight, but Matthysse was patiently waiting to get his shot and he made it count.

Does anybody think the winner of Garcia/Morales will fight Matt next? I don't. Let the ducking commence.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                    Had he beat Judah, he would've gone on to fight Khan. Had he beat Khan, he probably would've gone on to fight the winner of Alexander/Bradley. Pretty sure there could be an argument made for him being P4P at that point.

I think those controversial decisions helped him in the end, cuz it reinforces his mental toughness. Guys like Maidana/Khan/Alexander/Bradley were in the limelight, but Matthysse was patiently waiting to get his shot and he made it count.

Does anybody think the winner of Garcia/Morales will fight Matt next? I don't. Let the ducking commence.
                    I actually think Morales would "if" there isnt a significantly bigger money fight for him

Comment

Working...
                    X