No announcement yet.

I Forgot Dzinziruk Is Still WBO 154Lb Champion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Forgot Dzinziruk Is Still WBO 154Lb Champion

I completely forgot that. I was worried he wouldn't get any decent fights after this especially since Shaw doesn't give a **** about him.

Awesome. I'd love to see a unification against Cotto. He would take his belt without a doubt.

I was also very pleased to see that Mcgirt played no role and didn't say two words during the fight. Shaw probably made Dzyna use him in his corner for show.

dizzy should fight marg-cotto winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      dizzy should fight marg-cotto winner.
      That's a great idea. Lots of haters are writing him off like he's a chump and i was sure boxers would avoid him using that as a excuse. Dzinziruk will prove he's elite at 154 since he still has that belt. Martinez is just tht good.

Comment

Yea he is, but for some reason, Sergio was holding his belt in the post fight interview

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
          That's a great idea. Lots of haters are writing him off like he's a chump and i was sure boxers would avoid him using that as a excuse. Dzinziruk will prove he's elite at 154 since he still has that belt. Martinez is just tht good.
          martinez was just too strong. (and good as well)

that's why i'm not asking guys like cotto or pac or floyd to fight sergio.

dizzy is a big , solid 154 fighter and he couldn't even hurt sergio.

and dizzy landed some solid shots.

now cotto/marg winner against dizzy is a good matchup.

Comment

Dzin isn't elite at all. he is decent A class fighter. he won't beat top contenders..

Comment

Originally posted by kyshenko team View Post
              Dzin isn't elite at all. he is decent A class fighter. he won't beat top contenders..
              lol He would completely outbox Cotto imo. Name a 154 lb contender you think beats Dzinziruk.

Comment

He belongs in the lmw division alright. But I hoped his technical skills could bridge the physical gap between him and Sergio. Yet the problem is Sergio simply is too good, he's both stronger and better than Serhiy. And faster, which was the key difference in this fight really. Technically Martinez is not that much better, but with the other attributes AND skill, it becomes too much to handle.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
                  He belongs in the lmw division alright. But I hoped his technical skills could bridge the physical gap between him and Sergio. Yet the problem is Sergio simply is too good, he's both stronger and better than Serhiy. And faster, which was the key difference in this fight really. Technically Martinez is not that much better, but with the other attributes AND skill, it becomes too much to handle.
                  I thought the same thing.

Pavlik's success in large part was due to good timing which Dzinziruk also had but it's clear now that his power also played a big factor. I did think his jab would be more effective which it wasn't.

The one thing that did go how i thought it would is the footwork. Dzinziruk has very good footwork and it's quite quick although most said the opposite. Compare the Cintron, Williams I, and Pavlik fights to Dzyna's. When Martinez wanted to dance/box and stay on the outside they couldn't touch him. Dzyna on the other hand had very good footwork, was very adept at cutting off the ring, and was in his face the entire fight.

Comment

Dzinziruk is overrated with no power. I'd favor Vanes Martirosyan, Erislandy Lara, Alfredo Angulo, and James Kirkland (if he goes back to 154) over him.

Martirosyan supposedly already beat him up in a sparring session at the Wild Card Gym.

Comment

Working...
                    X