Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Comments Thread For: Chuck Liddell vs Rich Franklin is Set For UFC 115 Main Event

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaps View Post
    They are all great strikers, but lets not forget Jardine also sat his ass down a couple times....
    if jardine had a different fighting technique i think less people would sleep on his power

and noones mentioned franklin aint exactly granite chinned

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
      Liddell gets koed by a strong breeze now days....
      a strong breeze > franklin's punching power

but nonetheless, Franklin lost to Wanderlei IMO, and even though Wanderlei was throwing a lot of careless/wild punches, those punches were still catching Franklin. Liddell is more controlled and accurate in his strikes. Liddell also has better conditioning than Wand so he'll still be strong at the end and avoid Franklin's takedowns(which might have been the reason Franklin won against Wand).

Franklin will try and circle and keep his distance and pot shot Liddell but I don't think he has the speed and ability to maintain that strategy. Liddell will overwhelm him and win via tko.
      Last edited by -Swizzy-; 04-13-2010, 07:44 PM.

Comment

I wish they would stop using Franklin as a stepping stool. Its like the expect him to lose, so they put him up with guys they want to get back on the winning track.

With that said, if Franklin can time Chuck's hands down, chin up method. The Cincinatti kid could end up starching him like he did Nate Quarry.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          I wish they would stop using Franklin as a stepping stool. Its like the expect him to lose, so they put him up with guys they want to get back on the winning track.

With that said, if Franklin can time Chuck's hands down, chin up method. The Cincinatti kid could end up starching him like he did Nate Quarry.
          hahahahhaha
          the end result might be that hes a stepping stone but that guy is a true fighters fighter.

he wants the best, win lose or draw...

after he lost to anderson twice he accepted anderson was the better fighter,
          and decided to change weight out of respect, even if it means harder challenges,
          just so he can fight the best and make a run to the top. as much as im not a fan
          of his at fight time, im a massive fan of his ethos towards the fight game.

Comment

Originally posted by Sn1gger View Post
            hahahahhaha
            the end result might be that hes a stepping stone but that guy is a true fighters fighter.

he wants the best, win lose or draw...

after he lost to anderson twice he accepted anderson was the better fighter,
            and decided to change weight out of respect, even if it means harder challenges,
            just so he can fight the best and make a run to the top. as much as im not a fan
            of his at fight time, im a massive fan of his ethos towards the fight game.
            Franklin decided to move out of the 85 division? I thought Dana forced him to go up. Because his opponents weren't exactly walks in the park. Hendo, Wandy, Vitor, now Chuck? Hamill was one of those "lets see where your at" fights, so I don't count it.

I'm with you though. I'm not much of a fan of Franklin but I give him a ton of respect.

Comment

This whole card is BORING w/ the exception of Thiago/Kampmann. I hope Franklin finally retires Chuck.

Comment

Franklin decided to move out of the 85 division? I thought Dana forced him to go up. Because his opponents weren't exactly walks in the park. Hendo, Wandy, Vitor, now Chuck? Hamill was one of those "lets see where your at" fights, so I don't count it.

I'm with you though. I'm not much of a fan of Franklin but I give him a ton of respect.
                dana did suggest it, but franklin said in a video interview, hes been beaten twice by silva and he doesnt like the idea of being a gatekeeper, he wants to be proactive and so the move made sense.

pretty much those words.

EDIT: FOUND SOME INTERVIEW QUOTES THAT SHED MORE LIGHT ON IT

"I was talking to the UFC after the second [Anderson] Silva loss and they encouraged me to move up to 205. They told me my position there would be more appealing to them from a business perspective. They weren’t interested in a third match between me and Silva and they didn’t want me fighting contenders because I could eliminate possible title fights, so I was stuck in that I was going to be fighting people on the back end of their losses to Silva and I didn’t care for that gatekeeper position. After the Travis Lutter fight, I said I would try my hand at 205 again."

Comment

what else are they gonna do with Franklin? do you think he has a shot in hell of being champ again? I'd be surprised if he ever got another title shot. Franklin's career is going down hill.

Comment

Working...
                  X