Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the most skilled Heavyweight since Ali ..............

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the most skilled Heavyweight since Ali ..............

Who is the most skilled Heavyweight since Ali ? not talking about achievement but who has had the best skillset since Ali ? The reason i ask is because someone told me they reckon Bowe was and whilst i dont necessarily agree it got me thinking who is the most skilled HW since Ali ?

Thoughts? sorry if ive already posted this.

Holyfield, Bowe, or Lewis.

Holyfield and Bowe liked to trade a lot, but when they boxed they were both very difficult to beat. Holyfield was a nice mover, was quick, and had a great arsenal of punches. He got sucked into brawling a lot though. Bowe had a nice jab, good inside game, good power and combinations.

Lewis had a lovely lead hand, powerful right, great uppercut, controlled distance wonderfully.

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
      Holyfield, Bowe, or Lewis.

Holyfield and Bowe liked to trade a lot, but when they boxed they were both very difficult to beat. Holyfield was a nice mover, was quick, and had a great arsenal of punches. He got sucked into brawling a lot though. Bowe had a nice jab, good inside game, good power and combinations.

Lewis had a lovely lead hand, powerful right, great uppercut, controlled distance wonderfully.
      Err..........so which one are you choosing

Comment

Larry Holmes?

Comment

MAN § Larry ****ing Holmes dude. Then i would go with Lennox; Bowe, Holyfield and one of the two blown up middleweights Toney/Byrd.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
            Err..........so which one are you choosing
            I'm just saying, out of those 3.....They each did things differently

Whoops I forgot Holmes too, he deserves a mention.

Comment

If Toney and Byrd count, they are up there too

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
                I'm just saying, out of those 3.....They each did things differently

Whoops I forgot Holmes too, he deserves a mention.
                So you are sitting on the fence, come on give us an answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
                  So you are sitting on the fence, come on give us an answer.
                  It's tough.....

I would say Lewis if we are talking about classical boxing skill, but he wasn't as versatile overall as a guy like Evander who could box and move, brawl and trade with abandon, and fight in close, tying the guy up and pounding him like he did to Tyson. So if we are talking classic boxing skills, then it's Lewis with
                  Evander second, if it's overall depth of their game (which includes classical skills, but also the ability to trade , out hustle a guy up close etc) then it's Evander with Bowe second and Lewis third.

Comment

Larry Homes or Lennox Lewis

Comment

Working...
                    X