Akiyama Wants Wanderlei Silva

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Akiyama Wants Wanderlei Silva

Akiyama Wants Wanderlei Silva

Cage Force held Cage Force EX-eastern bound at Tokorozawa Shimin Taiikukan, Saitama on February 28. Yoshihiro Akiyama appeared in the event as a second of his teammate Yasunori Kanehara and talked a little bit about himself.

"The UFC is such a big event. I have many things to do before debuting and will learn a lot from Yushin Okami," said Akiyama. He picked Wanderlei Silva when he was asked who he wanted to fight with. He also added that he would be very happy if his friend, Satoshi Ishii, sign with the UFC.

He currently trains with Okami and Caol Uno at Wajutsu Keishukai in Tokyo.

Akiyama is going to have a press conference in Tokyo on March 3 and in Korea on March 4.

If I was Dana White I would use it as a way of breaking into the Japanese market. It's the perfect main event for the Japanese fans. Wanderlei is still very much beloved and revered due to his legendary PRIDE run and Akiyama is one of the most hated MMA fighter's in Japan.

Wanderlei is easily past his prime, but I think he would still make short work of Akiyama. Grease won't help you from getting KTFO!

Comment

Working...
    X