Collapse
No announcement yet.

UK General Election OFFICIAL RBR THREAD

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had BBC news on yesterday evening while I was reading. Fun to watch the results roll in; May is going to be about as unpopular as Trump, huh?

Comment

Tories got a split decision, they need my boy Boris in charge for the rematch tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        I had BBC news on yesterday evening while I was reading. Fun to watch the results roll in; May is going to be about as unpopular as Trump, huh?
        Trump is popular amongst his voters. Thats all he needs.

Comment

Theresa May is/was very popular with our media - which is mainly ring-wing. So, a lot of people thought she was going to win a landslide and that Corbyn is a nutjob because ya know a lot of people believe anything the news tells them.

Fortunately there is a decent amount of people in the world who are able to think for themselves; hence last night's result.

Comment

So is this good or bad McLaddies

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              So is this good or bad McLaddies
              That's like asking if Trump is good or bad around here....

Comment

That's like asking if Trump is good or bad around here....
                I'm going to have to do some Googling. I don't even care about politics here let alone over there lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  I'm going to have to do some Googling. I don't even care about politics here let alone over there lol.
                  It basically means that the conservatives dont have a majority anymore, and will have to work out a 'coalition government' to get things done.

Its going to be messy because, while Brexit is still going to happen, it may happen in a way that allows the UK to still be connected to the EU market... which also means free movement of people. So the hard liners are going to be pissed because immigration won't be restricted.

Its like... remember when they were pushing universal health care here, and some people were for it, and some were against it, but when it was passed but without single-payer, everyone was like "Ugh why fuckin' bother then?" (be that the right attitude or not, its how a large portion of people felt)

It's going to be like that. Young people didn't want Brexit to happen, but they didnt vote so it went through. They came out this time tho, biggest youth vote since 1992 I think I heard, against Conservatives/May/'Hard Brexit' and may have succeeded in stripping some of the harshest consequences of leaving the EU.

Comment

Can't wait to leave the EU tbh, that ship will sink soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                      Gonna disagree with you there man. But I ain't gonna waste my time trying to put you straight. Guess what though, the IRA stopped bombing when we actually sat down to talk with 'em stead of sticking the boot in. Who'd a thunk it...?

Besides, for me there's far more important issues at stake than a few nutters with bombs and knives.
                      This isn't accurate. Their Army Council was infiltrated by MI5, they were beaten so they came to the table before they were arrested. McGuinness was literally days away from it.

Originally posted by Sane Man View Post
                      Corbyn is clever enough to realise that sometimes you need to talk. Ala The Good Friday agreement. Problem is that doesn't satisfy the thirst for revenge that a lot of knuckleheads have. Has the bomb first approach worked or has it led to increased terrorism?
                      Corbyn didn't want them to talk, he supported the IRA's military campaign. While they were bombing British children, Corbyn was right there with them.

No moderate Irish nationalist associates Corbyn with teh peace process, he was someone who supported the terrorists no matter what he tries to claim now.

The guy doesn't even support shoot-to-kill of ISIS terrorists on British streets. Wake up, he doesn't even like Britain or the things we hold dear in this country.

Originally posted by Sane Man View Post
                      Labour told us who would pay for it in their costed manifesto. The tax dodging corporations and bankers etc etc. The Tories didn't have a costed manifesto yet it's Labour that are making empty financial promises? Hmmm.
                      Which Corbyn & Abbott couldn't even remember the figures for, these are the people you want running the country? Much of it was based on borrowing anyway, i.e. more debt.
                      Last edited by Weebler I; 06-10-2017, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X