No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner Returns To Win Split Decision Over Granados

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
    I would not mind seeing that fight,I don't see Broner winning it..Not enough punches from Broner,Khans workrate and size will be to much for Broner tbh..
    Khan would sweep up most of the rounds but Broner has the speed, power and accuracy to put his lights out. Would be a fun one imo and probably does good ratings

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      broner is 29-0 below 147 and 3-2 at 147. He either needs to find away to stay is shape enough to compete at 140 or he is going to be in big trouble.

If I'm him, make the Manny fight next, get your money and your ass whippin.
      Exactly. People aren't gonna keep paying to see Broner fight fringe contenders. So he's gonna have a choice to make pretty soon. Get his ass kicked by someone like Spence, Crawford, or Mikey for lil money. Or get his ass kicked by Manny for good money.

As for his difficulties above the jr welterweight limit. It's pretty obvious he maxes out at 140 as far as his ability to be successful against top guys. It appears that his body struggles to get to 140 for whatever reason. For him to max out his potential, he probably needs to dedicate himself similar to the way Hopkins did durning his long run at middleweight. Hopkins was probably a natural light heavyweight for much of his time at 160. But he stayed in the gym year round. He dieted and treated his body like a temple year round. That's the only way Broner is gonna be able to compete at the top level of the sport. And I'm 100% he won't do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
        Chino sure as hell didn't want a rematch.
        What would be the point? So Broner could maybe win 4 rounds this time?

Comment

• Originally posted by PF Rudyo View Post
          What would be the point? So Broner could maybe win 4 rounds this time?
          That fight was a helluva lot closer than a lot of people pretend it was. The scoring was wide because of the KDs. That fight had a lot of close rounds. And both fighters took a lot of punishment.

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
            That fight was a helluva lot closer than a lot of people pretend it was. The scoring was wide because of the KDs. That fight had a lot of close rounds. And both fighters took a lot of punishment.
            It really was not, just because you type it, does not make it so.

Comment

It really was not, just because you type it, does not make it so.
              If you think Maidana routed Broner, you don't know boxing.

Comment

If you think Maidana routed Broner, you don't know boxing.

Whatever you say, oh honored boxing scribe.... Which publications do you work for?

Comment

I originally planned to go to the Broner fight yesterday, and the Wilder fight next weekend. My friend in NYC suggested I come to the Thurman-Garcia fight up there. So financially, a trip to NYC is about the same as a trip to Birmingham and Cincy. So I opted. For NYC.

My wife did however "surprise" me for Valentine's and we're gonna go ahead drive down to Birmingham for Wilder anyway, then fly to NYC the weekend after. I would have rather gone to the fight last night. But her favorite restaurant in the country is in Birmingham. So I'm assuming that had a lot to do with her taking me down there.

As for me falling asleep. I have a 3mon old in the house. When you have lil ones, you get tired. **** happens.
                  Can't argue there!!! And I know exactly what you talking about with the 3 month...Cool Wife! Mine HATES boxing and gives me a ton of sht about it... And she hates me playing Video Games as well. I tell her it could be worse??? I could be at bars, gambling (Still do), and just being me! Sht we change soo much for kids and women. And that's why we refer to them ALWAYS as our better half.

Comment

Whatever you say, oh honored boxing scribe.... Which publications do you work for?
                    This one...

When you send a GROWN man HOME crying WTF do you call it???
                    Last edited by Shadoww702; 02-19-2017, 04:33 PM.

Comment

• That'ss a BAD picture... Here's a BETTER one!!!!

Is that one better???

Comment

Working...
                      X