No announcement yet.

Will Broner make 147?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
    So because he gave him a weeks notice that's cool with you. He can change the weight a week before the fight and that's cool with you
    Ok that's great
    I gave the reasons it was cool with me. It was over a weeks notice. Granados has fought at welterweight more times than Broner. If he had stepped on the scales at 145+ that would've been highly unprofessional. Granados is cool with it and he got paid more. I'd rather it happen in advance than knowing you can't make the weight and stepping on the scales overweight. The weight change won't hurt either fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Why? Granados has fought more fights at welterweight than Broner. He gave him over a weeks notice. Unprofessional would've been showing up at the weigh in at 147 while Granados was killing himself to make 142. Both of them will be fine. People are blowing this out of proportion
      what the fcuk does that even mean that granados has fought more fights at welter weight maybe the fights were scheduled to be fought at welter..maybe granados was training and sacrificing to be at 142
      And all that training and sacrifice goes out the window because broner decides he cant make the weight and changes it to 147 a week before....yea ok...fcuk broner

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
        what the fcuk does that even mean that granados has fought more fights at welter weight maybe the fights were scheduled to be fought at welter..maybe granados was training and sacrificing to be at 142
        And all that training and sacrifice goes out the window because broner decides he cant make the weight and changes it to 147 a week before....yea ok...fcuk broner
        It means he isn't pulling him up to unfamiliar terrority. Granados has been on a long layoff, I'm sure he's ok with it being at 147. He hasn't complained a bit and he got a bonus. He was not below 147 with 10 days to go. Both fighters will be ok and this won't change the fight at all. Stop with the fake outrage just because it's Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          It means he isn't pulling him up to unfamiliar terrority. Granados has been on a long layoff, I'm sure he's ok with it being at 147. He hasn't complained a bit and he got a bonus. He was not below 147 with 10 days to go. Both fighters will be ok and this won't change the fight at all. Stop with the fake outrage just because it's Broner.
          come on dude ...this guy broner never planned on making 142
          He gave the weak excuse that he got sick he didnt even make weight when he fought theopane and lost his title at the scale...no outrage just stating facts

Comment

Don't know....

Comment

Originally posted by LADIV View Post
              come on dude ...this guy broner never planned on making 142
              He gave the weak excuse that he got sick he didnt even make weight when he fought theopane and lost his title at the scale...no outrage just stating facts
              He said he didn't eat for 2 days and ran 3 miles a day to try and drop those extra lbs for the Theopane fight and still couldn't do it. That's why he moved this fight to 142. He hit the wall last week and knew he wasn't gonna be able to make it so he changed it. We see fighters all the time know they're nowhere near the weight when they step on the scales but they fake it the whole week leading up to the fight. I'm telling you I saw him this weekend and he looked like a crackhead. He probably could've made 144 but it would've killed him. He realized last week he wasn't getting to 142 and he changed the weight. That's better than him stepping on the scales at 144,145 knowing he wasn't gonna make weight. I think the fight should've been at 147 from the beginning. He outgrew 140 but he thought he could make 142. He was wrong. I'm glad he changed it a week ahead instead of getting on the scales overweight the day of the weigh in.

Comment

He will make 147, 140 is better for him but he can't make that weight for whatever reason that is

Comment

You know if he really can't make the weight he'd be better off staying at 147 and eventually he will fill out there. Personally I think he's too small for 147, but this back and forth is worse for him.

Comment

Of course that fat nga can't make weight. He was ****ing eating them nachos on that ellie secbach video without a care in the world like he don't have weight issues.
                    https://youtu.be/ETRYnMSVsLc

Comment

The fight was for 140 and fat, lazy, unprofessional fuk up Broner failed to make that weight. He has never failed to make 147 and he will make that weight successfully again and knock the cherry pick out..

Comment

Working...
                      X