Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Conor McGregor Slams Floyd Mayweather Over Racism Rant

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's funny how people get so wrapped up in anything Mayweather says. McGregor is trying to bringing up Irish history in response to Mayweather saying there is a double standard in how white athletes are treated as opposed to black athletes. How is that even relevant? Yes, Mayweather and other black athletes made a lot of money in sports but it still doesn't mean his argument isn't valid. The bottom line is, there is a lot more scrutiny for black athletes for things outside of sports than their counterparts. When Cam Newton gets criticized for "dabbing" tell me there isn't a double standard. Maybe Mayweather is the wrong person to make the argument but there is some truth to what he's saying.

While we're on the subject of who's been persecuted more, go look up the New York City draft riots.
    Last edited by HarvardBlue; 01-09-2016, 10:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
      I have not seen him fight but I am now a Conner McGregor FAN !!!

Go Conner !!!!!!!
      You just proved his point. McGregor is imitating Mayweather by being brash and loud and you're ready to root for him. Lol The difference is the Connor hasn't really done jack yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
        Lol that's the last resort..... Floyd makes more money. Floyd makes more money. It's never "oh, Floyd's knockout was just as good" or "Floyd's fights are just as or more exciting". Never!! It's always, Floyd has more money than this person or that person so they can't talk. That's pathetic.
        Perhaps you missed the part where McGregor mentioned money?! You're proving his point.

Comment

• Originally posted by pugil1st View Post
          Perhaps you missed the part where McGregor mentioned money?! You're proving his point.
          Today, he brought it up but when he would talk about straggling Floyd in two mins of an MMA, all ppl said was Floyd got more money than so he needs to stfu. This been going on since the summer of last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by pugil1st View Post
            You just proved his point. McGregor is imitating Mayweather by being brash and loud and you're ready to root for him. Lol The difference is the Connor hasn't really done jack yet.
            Lol Connor has charisma and has his own brand of persona far from the diva that is Floyd. Dont kid yourself. Floyd would wish to have what connor has. A real likable charisma even if connor trash talks. He still liked.

Comment

• Originally posted by SOL27 View Post
              Floyd shouldn't have been anything, and it's a little unfair to say he should have been like Ali. You're not holding anybody else to that standard. Pacquiao is more like those other guys then Floyd is, yet Pacquiao still isn't the household name that Ali was/is.

Floyd doesn't need to be like anybody else. He's done more for this sport then any other fighter has done in decades. Why would you try and copy Ali? You're going to fall short no matter what.
              I can see where I can be misinterpreted. I did not mean that he should have acted like Ali, to be clearer he should have been a person who exuded more of a positive encouraging personality so to speak. After the mayhem when Zab Judah was an SOB with the low blows, Floyd handled himself in such a professional manner postfight I really thought he was on his way to being a beloved name like Sugar Ray. He was class act when Judah was a S disturber.'
              Too bad he didn't maintain that mindset when other obstacles showed up in his career, he let it steal his joy.
              Look at other boxing greats. Marvin Hagler vented his frustrations all out in the ring. Joe Louis was an American inspiration to all, and as one writer put it" he is a credit to his race, the human race.

Louis did a lot for the sport. I don't know what Floyd did for the sport. Doesn't mean he was not an all time great, I just don't think he did anything for the sport. He made many fans feel ripped off in the most important fight in the last 45 years. He inspired few. I wouldn't expose his shananigans to my son. My son will see better examples and role models.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                Floyd has been getting death threats and threats of violence against him and his family on a daily basis ever since tards discovered boxing in 09.
                I don"t think so. If that were true that it be a major topic in all of his rants. Racism will never go away but let's remember it's so much better than the 60's. Ali had death threats big time. And Jack Johnson? Come on there is no comparison comparing racism today to those eras. Only in 2016 would there be a President Obama. Times are better. We still have a long long way to go but things are better.
                Any death threats against Floyd would be from jealous people involved in the criminal world wanting money. Ali and Johnson had death threats because of the color of their skin not Floyd. Floyd is benefiting because guys like Ali paved the way for him. Ali is a hero to all and the most recognized athlete ever. Floyd was a great boxer who made lotsa money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                  Nah.... It's all on how u score the 3rd. It's 2-2 either way and that rd decides it. So imo, it's not really a robbery. Condit landed more but Robbie landed harder. I favored him on that one.
                  What did you think of that fight? i thought it was boring af. The only exciting parts was when robbie was hurt....which was the last two minutes of the 3rd round i think and the last minute of the last round. Other than that, joe rogans repetitive "that was the greatest fight i've ever seen" is just a straight lie.

Comment

• Void is everything Cloner aspires to be. You can see it by constant talk of "numbers" (who the **** else talks like that?) and the flashy, materialistic lifestyle that he's so desperate to promote on social media.

Muh oppression y'all!

Muh anscestors potatos doe!

Comment

• McGregor actually backs up his trash talk.

Floyd doesn't.

There's a big difference. It has nothing to do with racism.

Comment

Working...
                      X