No announcement yet.

'Froch v Groves II' in the City Ground mid June

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CraigM View Post
    I don't see George saying yes to Nottingham, if he feels robbed in Manchester whats it going to be like in Nottingham.
    The same ref would have made the same crap decision in Hammersmith.

There was nothing 'dodgy' about it in terms of fix etc. Foster just had pre fight ideas about Groves & acted on them rather than following the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
      The same ref would have made the same crap decision in Hammersmith.

There was nothing 'dodgy' about it in terms of fix etc. Foster just had pre fight ideas about Groves & acted on them rather than following the fight.
      Oh I didn't mean that, but everyone knows when you go to the persons home place the judges sway in their direction... Anything Froch does will make the place go nuts and gives him far too much of an edge for me.

Comment

Grove impressed me so I will be looking forward to this. To bad it isn't sooner.

Comment

Don't think there'll be a rematch until it's official.

And I certainly don't think it will be in the city ground.

Froch will have a farewell fight against a lesser opponent there. not against Groves who on some people's cards will go in as the favourite.

Comment

Originally posted by CraigM View Post
            Oh I didn't mean that, but everyone knows when you go to the persons home place the judges sway in their direction... Anything Froch does will make the place go nuts and gives him far too much of an edge for me.
            True, but I think (hope?) Groves will take the chance if offered. The atmosphere will be ****ing amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
              Groves doesn't have a fan base yet. He'll have gained a load after this weekend but his best bet is to go to Frochs hometown & I think he'll relish it.

Extra money for him & an amazing atmosphere.

I think Groves has nerves of steel (as does Froch) so neither is that bothered where they fight but the best place is Nottingham.

Or South West Florida. That would actually be much better.
              Let him walk out at Stamford Bridge every home game. Hype the **** out of it.

Casual boxing fans of Chelsea will rock up. What's more him and DeGale sold a shedload of tickets in a fight between two novice pros.

50,000 at the Stamford Bridge would be sweet.

Comment

Working...
              X