No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder Is On The Cusp Of His Prime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deontay Wilder Is On The Cusp Of His Prime

those of us who STUDY the fundamental aspects of the sport and the SOPHISTICATED SAVAGERY of the sport of BOXING understand over the course since we first laid eyes on Wilder how CRUDE he was but RAW but the talent was hidden under the surface of the crude mechanics of Wilder.
    but as a STUDENT of boxing and the TYPES of Jabs, Feints, Head Slot Positioning, Angles, Pivoting, FOOTWORK, the entire MECHANICS of Deontay Wilder have grown exponentially since i FIRST seen him in 2011.
    its like when (goku came back from king kais planet in the other world after training with him how his power DRAMATICALLY increased and after being no match for raditz he was able to surpass vegeta in their first encounter) is the same as i see Wilders VAST & DRAMATIC IMPROVEMENTS over the years he has reached a new level i dont think the HEAVYWEIGHT division is ready for what he is yet to become.

people kill me with the criticism of Deontay Wilder about his technique etc among other thangs but yet the late great Emmanuel Steward seen the POTENTIAL in Deontay Wilder and i tend to think he knows MORE than EVERYONE on this message forum about BOXING stated about Wilder. & it has come to fruition. so when you see individuals criticize Wilder show them this interview of EMMANUEL STEWARD giving Wilder praise in 2012 3 YEARS BEFORE HE BECAME CHAMPION and understand that the HATE for Wilder is blinding people to the IMPROVEMENTS of Wilders arsenal and theyre in for a RUDE awakening

Unfortunately I haven't been watching him for that long but watching his u tube fights yer can definitely see he has improved but he should be after 40 pro fights.
    I have to to agree that these next few years will be Deontays prime and am gonna love seeing him knocking out all of his next opponents.

Comment

Wow. Man, so based off your assumptions, Wilder can continue to beat bums for the rest of his career, and you will STILL think hes an all time great hahahaha. 40 fights, 38 bums, no unification fights, no former champions, but somehow hes an amazing boxer hahahahah

Comment

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
        40 fights, 38 bums
        He's #2 in boxrec. That wouldn't be possible if 95% of his opponents were bums. He has twice as many points as everyone else except AJ. Where are your posts trashing the thousands of heavyweights who haven't proven themselves as much as Wilder has? AJ is the #1 heavyweight in the world. Congrats. But why are you trashing #2 instead of everyone below him? Doesn't make sense.

no unification fights
        That's what happens when the guy with the other belts refuses to fight you.

no former champions
        That's a lie. He's fighting three former champions in a row.

but somehow hes an amazing boxer
        He's #2 in the world. Why aren't you criticizing #3 or #300 or #3,000? Why the obsession with pretending #2 isn't impressive?

Comment

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
          Wow. Man, so based off your assumptions, Wilder can continue to beat bums for the rest of his career, and you will STILL think hes an all time great hahahaha. 40 fights, 38 bums, no unification fights, no former champions, but somehow hes an amazing boxer hahahahah
          no unifications bc other "champions" will not fight him.
          he's fighting the UNIFIED UNDEFEATED LINEAL Heavyweight Champion who NEVER lost his belts in the ring. i think its safe to say that he's fighting the best fighter in the division besides Anthony Joshua.
          if he beats Tyson Fury he will widely be considered the best heavyweight who fought the man who beat the man FIRST which is Tyson Fury and held the wbc title longer than any current heavyweight champion. your biased nature doesnt allow you to see the IMPROVEMENTS in Wilders game & like i said in the beginning so YOU KNOW MORE THAN EMMANUEL STEWARD RIGHT?

Comment

Aj is waiting till 2022

Comment

Wilder literally hasn't changed/improved/declined ever since the first time I saw him.

He still has the exact same pros and exact same cons.

I feel he has reached his level.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                He's #2 in boxrec. That wouldn't be possible if 95% of his opponents were bums. He has twice as many points as everyone else except AJ. Where are your posts trashing the thousands of heavyweights who haven't proven themselves as much as Wilder has? AJ is the #1 heavyweight in the world. Congrats. But why are you trashing #2 instead of everyone below him? Doesn't make sense.

That's what happens when the guy with the other belts refuses to fight you.

That's a lie. He's fighting three former champions in a row.

He's #2 in the world. Why aren't you criticizing #3 or #300 or #3,000? Why the obsession with pretending #2 isn't impressive?
                Wilder's resume isn't good for a world champion with 40 fights. No need to big it up at all, you just make yourself look bad.

Dillian Whyte's resume is better than Wilder's.

Comment

Wow! Malik Scott did a great job at mimicking the hunchback but, I just realize that Jay Deas moves just like Tyson Fury! Deontay has the blueprint! No way Fury wins, now I'm convinced.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    Dillian Whyte's resume is better than Wilder's.
                    Thank you for your opinion. I don't argue opinions. You might enjoy eating the *******s of large men. If you find that to be delicious, I can't argue with you.

However, taking out the biased opinion of a random idiot on the internet, we can look at Boxrec, the most credible and respected unbiased way to judge who has proven themselves.

Wilder is #2 and has 389 points. Whyte is #6 and has 198 points.

So when you say Whyte's resume is better than Wilder's, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but it's a bizarre opinion with no basis in reality or fact.

Comment

Working...
                    X