Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Wilder vs Fury surpass the revenue generated by Joshua vs Klitschko or Parker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Wilder vs Fury surpass the revenue generated by Joshua vs Klitschko or Parker

Apparently Joshua's biggest revenue generating fight (gate & PPV) was the Klitchko fight & the Parker fight which both had around $50M/USD* in revenue.

The Klitschko fight supposedly generated an extra $14M in foreign country broadcasting rights, but to keep it simple since foreign country broadcasting right numbers are virtually never discussed I'll just go by the PPV + gate numbers, which are largely out there for fans to collect, to make a comparison easier.

*Anyone feel free to correct me if these two fights generated more or less than ~$50M (supposedly ~40M in PPV + ~10M in gate). The best info I found suggested this is the case, but if you're a UK cat you might know some better place to find this info out then I do.

With how hyped these pressers have been + the expected higher PPV price (haven't heard anything official, but its a solid bet it'll be 2x-3x the price of UK PPV's) can Deontay Wilder & Tyson Fury generate more than $50M/USD?

If not how close can they come? If they surpass or get close to Joshua's best numbers how much leverage will this get the winner in future talks to fight Joshua or will the winner still need to go thru the Hearn gauntlet of Whyte, Parker, Bellew &/or Del Boy lol?

And basically for a breakdown of the figures they'd need if they can do 700k PPV buys (at $60) & do ~$8M in gate (which would be a sellout I believe or used to be) that would get them to $50M.

First of all, doubt the PPV will be priced at $60. Makes no sense to do so. Should be $70. If one is going to buy it for $60, then they will buy it for $70.

But you have to take into consideration it should do around 500k in the UK as well. So $26 at 500k UK buys gets you to around 13,000,000 before the distributor takes half. So that would be $6.5 million. Add in about $3-4 international revenue you are at $10 million. Live gate at $8 million is a fair estimate considering it has done over a million already. That gets you to around $18 million. Add in another few million on sponsorships and what not. That is $20 million. If it does 700k buys at $70, that will get you in revenue around $25 million.

Joshua vs Klitschko doing 1.5 UK buys gets you to $40 million before half is taken out. So really it did $20 million in revenue, about $10-12 million in live gate. I hadn't heard about the $14 million in international broadcast rights, but that would be pretty insane.

So looks like Wilder/Joshua would have to do 700k buys to reach or surpass the Joshua/Klitschko amount. HIGHLY HIGHLY unlikely.

Comment

I don’t know , right now I’d say no but it might come Close and might generate more if everything lines up

But tickets seem to be priced real aggressively and wouldn’t be suprised if the gate surpasses 10 mil

So I guess that leaves just the revenue from the PPV in the US and UK

Let’s say Uk does 500k at 20UK that’s 13 mil

And 350k US PPV at 65US (60 for standard /70 for HD) = around 23 mil

That equals around 46 mil . All those #s seem attainable and could go higher though

Comment

No, no chance. My prediction is it'll do around 250K US PPV buys at 65$, and around 6 million live gate.

Comment

Considering they sold 1m in tickets on just 20 minutes today, I don’t see why it can’t pass 50M with the promotion it’s getting.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
            First of all, doubt the PPV will be priced at $60. Makes no sense to do so. Should be $70. If one is going to buy it for $60, then they will buy it for $70.
            I was just doing the middle number of what I suspect the PPV range was which was $50-$70.

But you have to take into consideration it should do around 500k in the UK as well.
            I mentioned foreign country money & I decided not to count it. If you count it then Wilder vs Fury would need to surpass $64M/USD to beat Joshua vs Klitschko & I'm not even sure what Joshua vs Parker did with foreign money.

So $26 at 500k UK buys gets you to around 13,000,000 before the distributor takes half.
            Brother chill out lol. I'm talking about revenue. Revenue isn't cutting out the distributor.

And I've heard they take less in the UK than they do in the US anyway so its definitely not half like in the US>

Add in another few million on sponsorships and what not. That is $20 million.
            LMFAO. I thought I was being too hardcore on the business of boxing sh^t in my initial post, but nah you beat me in going hardcore on the overall revenue.

I think its a problem to figure out sponsorship numbers. Thats some sh^t you almost never hear about well past how little you even hear about foreign broadcasting rights.

So looks like Wilder/Joshua would have to do 700k buys to reach or surpass the Joshua/Klitschko amount. HIGHLY HIGHLY unlikely.
            I think its unlikely, but I wouldn't say its highly highly unlikely. With how hardcore they are going thus far + the shoulder programming I think 500k is completely attainable & I'd probably put my PPV estimate at 400k to 600k. And thats just 100k off of Joshua's best revenue fights.

Either way doe I think it'll prove that this side of the pond can easily compete with what Joshua's biggest fights are doing & should give the winner a lot of leverage in Hearn talks. If they beat 50M or not won't matter cuz if its close enough then all sides will understand Joshua vs the winner is gonna be a huge f#cking fight & perhaps at the 100M level people have brought up.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
              No, no chance. My prediction is it'll do around 250K US PPV buys at 65$, and around 6 million live gate.
              I would definitely take the over on 250k PPV buys off of what I've seen in the last 3 days.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                But tickets seem to be priced real aggressively and wouldn’t be suprised if the gate surpasses 10 mil
                Yea I was just using my best guess on the gate. Supposedly a sell out at Staples for a boxing event WAS at one time $8M. Its entirely reasonable thats gone up in recent years.

Anyone know if there is a way to estimate a sellout gate revenue based on known ticket prices & the available seating? Seems like thats a figure one might be able to calculate but idk.

Comment

Logan Paul farting would do better numbers .... smh

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    I was just doing the middle number of what I suspect the PPV range was which was $50-$70.

I mentioned foreign country money & I decided not to count it. If you count it then Wilder vs Fury would need to surpass $64M/USD to beat Joshua vs Klitschko & I'm not even sure what Joshua vs Parker did with foreign money.

Brother chill out lol. I'm talking about revenue. Revenue isn't cutting out the distributor.

And I've heard they take less in the UK than they do in the US anyway so its definitely not half like in the US>

LMFAO. I thought I was being too hardcore on the business of boxing sh^t in my initial post, but nah you beat me in going hardcore on the overall revenue.

I think its a problem to figure out sponsorship numbers. Thats some sh^t you almost never hear about well past how little you even hear about foreign broadcasting rights.

I think its unlikely, but I wouldn't say its highly highly unlikely. With how hardcore they are going thus far + the shoulder programming I think 500k is completely attainable & I'd probably put my PPV estimate at 400k to 600k. And thats just 100k off of Joshua's best revenue fights.

Either way doe I think it'll prove that this side of the pond can easily compete with what Joshua's biggest fights are doing & should give the winner a lot of leverage in Hearn talks. If they beat 50M or not won't matter cuz if its close enough then all sides will understand Joshua vs the winner is gonna be a huge f#cking fight & perhaps at the 100M level people have brought up.
                    Well, if you are just going total revenue, and not what they actually make out of the fight, then 600k US buys at $70 dollars tops 1.532 million at $26. But you should definitely count international money, especially if Joshua/Klitschko got supposedly $14 million in broadcast rights.

Anyways, when the US PPV is priced at almost 3x as much as the UK PPV, it gives it a chance to compete vs a Joshua PPV. I think they should be aiming for 300-350k buys. That would get both guys the type of pay day they are looking for.

And as for someone mentioning SD, I don't think they give discounts for those that anymore. I think one price regardless of HD or SD, or at least the Canelo/GGG fight was that way.

Comment

Working...
                    X