No announcement yet.

Official Bitcoin & Cryptocurrency Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    How is cryptocurrency any different than speculating or investing in hard currencies? No one in this thread has answered this question.
    who said it was?

The lure of Crypto is the "GET RICH QUICK" aspect of it.

Alot of people who get into crypto suffer from Confirmation bias and never just look at it for what it is TODAY and that is/was a get rich quick hustle. Is the blockchain techonlogy gonna prove to be something of very high significant in the future maybe and face is bitcoin is still what 11x more valuable than it was just a few years ago. So those playing the long game might of missed the "GET RICH QUICK" Cashout mark but they are still doing just fine.

Comment

• Cryptos that are backed by products let the sales numbers speak for itself.. like the one im into.. what is it backed by some keep asking? It’s backed by the product.

Bitcoins are backed by the miners.

Im into Ethereum because it’s going to cover the world soon but that’s about the only major one im into.

I cant claim to be an expert on Crypto but i have trusted people in my circle who knows exactly what they are doing and Ive definitely experienced this sht and have been studying.

Crypto aint going no nowhere

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        With 10k investment, in my estimation you'd be a millionaire in 2 years if you split your investment 70/30 on just ZRX and POLY.
        Do you still stand by this statement? You made it on July 4 of this year.

Now I notice you hyping XRP more.

Comment

I think XRP is the best opportunity, and I hold about 80% of my portfolio in XRP.
          Respect on the XRP belief. I've never been able to throw any money at them cuz they don't seem to be a decentralized player in the crypto game which to me is one of the standards of something being a crypto in the first place.

Granted they do have massive "legit" backing which is what it sounds like a lot of your trust is circled around. Good luck.

Comment

• Had a Bitcoin bomb threat at my office today

Comment

Cryptocurrencies declared an asset at G20.

Sugar Adam Ali: "It's a hoax!"

Keep buying

Load up on that poly and ox since they are 70% off the original price you thought they were a steal at.

Show your positions when you makes buys, show us how it’s done

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                Keep buying

Load up on that poly and ox since they are 70% off the original price you thought they were a steal at.

Show your positions when you makes buys, show us how it’s done
                Economic genius this guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Respect on the XRP belief. I've never been able to throw any money at them cuz they don't seem to be a decentralized player in the crypto game which to me is one of the standards of something being a crypto in the first place.

Granted they do have massive "legit" backing which is what it sounds like a lot of your trust is circled around. Good luck.
                  Common misconception.

XRP is more decentralized than ETH and BTC put together, it's just not what the maximalists want you to know. Google 'XRP decentralized' and get your mind blown.

XRP is the only crypto at this moment in time with a real world actual use case, and is by far. I mean, by far far the best investment you could make in the crypto space, maybe of any kind.

My opinion of course, along with many others. Only time will tell, but the truth will be revealed quite soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    Do you still stand by this statement? You made it on July 4 of this year.

Now I notice you hyping XRP more.
                    Yes I do -> But I would rather invest in XRP (80% of my portfolio).

I don't think people realize that the greatest shift of economic wealth in history is taking place as we speak through cryptocurrency.

Either you take part, or you get left behind.

Make your choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                      How is cryptocurrency any different than speculating or investing in hard currencies? No one in this thread has answered this question.
                      It's a brand new asset class.

I don't know how deep your financial / economic understanding is in general, it can be quite a complex topic.

However, there a currently a limited number of asset classes. Basically, these are limited to:

- Real estate
                      - Stocks / equity
                      - bonds
                      - Cash
                      - Futures (forex etc)

Now, crypto currencies are part of a brand new asset class, called 'digital assets'. New asset classes are not made often, and I mean like it's happened 4-5 times in the past 200 years.

And because this is a digital asset class, it has tremendous potential value, similar shares in internet companies had back in the 90s like amazon.

However, Amazon and internet companies solved a multi-billion dollar problem world wide.

Cryptocurrencies solve a multi-TRILLION dollar problem.

Everyone should do themselves a favour and look into inflation problems, IMF / SDR and how they relate. As well as the cost of moving money internationally by dollar cost and by time.

Then you will understand that this is a worldwide humungous problem that is solved wholly by blockchain technology.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                      X