Corpus Christi, TX, USA (UTC-6)

Gilberto Ramirez vs Jesse Hart

and

Saturday 15th December 2018

Madison Square Garden, NY, USA (UTC-5)

Rocky Fielding vs Canelo Alvarez

BETTING ODDS:

Ramirez: 1/4 Hart: 11/4
    Alvarez: 1/18 Fielding: 8/1 (2x points on Fielding)

Ways fighters can win:
    Decision: WIDE or CLOSE
    KO: EARLY (1-4), MID (5-8) or LATE (9-12)

Examples of the ways you can state your decision:
    PICK EM CREW, Hart, Dec, Close x3
    PICK EM CREW, Fielding, KO, LATE x2
    If no multiplier is specified in your pick (ie x2, x3) then it will be assumed that no multiplier is being used (x1)
    If you wish to pick a Draw result, simply state your Username, both fighter names and DRAW, ie:

PICK EM CREW, Fielding, Canelo, DRAW
    IMPORTANT NOTE: NONE OF THE WBSS FIGHTS CAN BE SCORED A DRAW - ONE FIGHTER WILL ALWAYS BE DECLARED A WINNER. ANY UNCORRECTED DRAW PICKS ON THE WBSS WILL BE WASTED.

NOTES:
    -Draws are worth 120pts. A perfect pick without a multiplier is 30pts.

-CLOSE is <12 pts difference, or anything closer than 116-112 on all three scorecards. WIDE is >=12 pts difference, or anything equivalent to 116-112 on all three cards or wider.

-If you'd like to change your pick before the fight starts, post in this thread to do so. Ideally tag me so that I don't miss it.

-2X doubles your points and 3X triples your points. Everyone starts with 5 doubles and 3 triples to use throughout the year. If you forget how many you have left, check the leaderboard in the master thread.

Sticky me -MEGA-, BostonGuy, TBear, jaded
    Last edited by PICK EM CREW; 12-11-2018, 06:49 PM.

OK Gentlemen, we're closing in on the final picks of the year so you you may want to make sure you get your Zurdo vs Hart picks in early since it's a Friday fight. I'll try to throw out a coupla reminders over the next coupla days, but if ya miss it you ain't got much time to catch up.

Anyways - myself, I'm rooting hard for Hart, I'm a sucker for folk who give back to their communities, specially a guy who ain't got so much himself like Hart... and much as I was high on Zurdo a few years back I tend to see him as something of a protected asset these days. Problem is - and I hate it when this happens - I can't see Hart getting the nod on a TR card unless he blows Ramirez out of the water, and I ain't seeing that happening.

Fielding vs Canelo ain't really worthy of much comment. With due respect to Rocky I probably wouldn't pay more than a few extra quid to go and see him if he was on a small local card in my nearest town... he ain't terrible, but he ain't really at this level, regardless of the large height disparity. Only question is whether he makes it to the final bell. My guess is that long body just makes a big target for Canelos whipping hooks...

Comment

KOBA: Zurdo, DEC, CLOSE
      KOBA: Canelo, KO, LATE

Comment

I could see Hart pulling it off this time

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          I could see Hart pulling it off this time
          I sincerely hope he does, man. I'd prefer to lose my points and and see Jesse get his reward, but I think it's gonna be close enough that the judges will have room to see it how they choose - and I'm not thinking that'll be for the Philly kid in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
            Philly kid in Texas.
            Mammoth, Ramirez, Decision, Close
            Mammoth, Alvarez, Stoppage, Late

Comment

I've had a mediocre year of predictions and a few foolishly placed multipliers. Not that it really matters, or that I did badly in the end, but I think I'll pay a little closer attention next year, make it a little more fun.

Redd Foxx: Ramirez, Dec, Close
              Redd Foxx: Canelo, KO, Late

Comment

Zurdo wins a close decision and Canelo KOs Fielding in 8 rounds or less.

Comment

BLASTER1
                  ZURDO dec close
                  CANELO K/O mid

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    I've had a mediocre year of predictions and a few foolishly placed multipliers. Not that it really matters, or that I did badly in the end, but I think I'll pay a little closer attention next year, make it a little more fun.

Redd Foxx: Ramirez, Dec, Close
                    Redd Foxx: Canelo, KO, Late
                    Don’t make excuses for your picks...you would have picked the same fighters as before because that’s who you thought would win.
                    I missed out on over 14 fights at the start and that killed me ever getting close.
                    Accept your just not that clued on about boxing picks

Comment

Working...
                    X