is eddie hearn the best promoter in boxing right now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is eddie hearn the best promoter in boxing right now

the dude is running the show

i thought al haymon, pbc etc was gonna take over a couple years back but man the dude is doing his thing lol respect

what happened to richard shafer? thought he was making his comeback

He is doing well with getting gifts paying judges off If Kell Brook actually had more mettle to him he'd have beat GGG via 120-108 UD I mean another example of his robberies Burns Vs. Relikh and I'm Scottish I'm not defending no robbery.

Comment

yea he is. hes not afraid to call out his fighters for ducking like eubank jr did to ggg. other promoters would be like the deal wasn't to our liking, we just want the best deal possible blah blah blah

Comment

He's got a lot to work with. The UK is doing great in boxing, it's a great sports market in general. Their ppvs are cheap, accessible to a casual fan, and until recently he had a lock on that. And of course he seems pretty good at this. It's a lower ceiling in the UK, but these days no one is touching the ceiling with a ladder in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Donald View Post
          the dude is running the show

i thought al haymon, pbc etc was gonna take over a couple years back but man the dude is doing his thing lol respect
          the two are strongly aligned. haymon wants the US on lockdown and hearn wants the UK on lockdown. working together helps both of them achieve their goals.

Comment

Every single one of his card's are mismatches with 7/8 of the fights being 1/100 favorites, boxing cab drivers from Slovenia.

So ill have to say: no.

Comment

I mean it depends on what you are judging it on. By any criteria I think Hearn is the running these days for sure & he's the king of the UK worst case in my eyes. Idk what his books look like with his profits, but he's clearly got a loyal group of boxing fans in the UK that appreciates the shows he puts together.

Comment

He's clearly one of the best promoters from a ****-talking standpoint. He seems like one of the most accessible and enthusiastic promoters.

Comment

He just wants to make the best fights possible.

Comment

Sky sports are the best promoters in boxing. Hearn just needs to keep them sweet.

I do like that he is starting to take real risks with his fighters though. He also doesnt abandon his guys after losses and that gives them confidence to take tougher fights.

Gonna be intersting to see how he takes AJ's career. He's at a bit of a crossroads now where he really needs to step up or people (even casuals) are gonna start calling him out on it.

Comment

Working...
                    X