No announcement yet.

Uh oh. Now I'm concerned for Floyd.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh oh. Now I'm concerned for Floyd.

I mean...screw all the sparring videos, that's just sparring.

Screw him tapping out, that's on his back/side.

Screw him running from Nate Diaz.

Why isn't anybody talking about THIS video?

Look at the man's reflexes!

Look how calm, how smoove, he just evades a flying hat coming at him at ridiculous speeds!

McGregor might do this on the pull counter, Floyd's #1 weapon!!!!!!!

Money May might be in some trouble...

Oh man you're right. That hat came at Connor and broke mach 3 it was so fast

Comment

For what it's worth, I don't think Floyd ever used the pull counter against southpaws. None come to mind at least.

Comment

What's the story behind this? Don't really pay attention to women's combat sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Celtic Hammer View Post
          What's the story behind this? Don't really pay attention to women's combat sports.
          You should the women fights usually outdo the mens fights by a mile when it comes to action.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
            For what it's worth, I don't think Floyd ever used the pull counter against southpaws. None come to mind at least.
            He used it against Manny at least 3 times.

He tried initially against Corley until he got tagged, got pissed off and just went to war on him. You're right that he hasn't done it against southpaws besides Manny.

Originally posted by Celtic Hammer View Post
            No story really, this was the Rousey fight, UFC 184, so Cat was fired up and just got ahead of herself. I don't think she was aiming at Conor specifically, but it created quite a stir at the time.

And while I agree on the surface with BucaRican about the women's fights, this one specifically only lasted 14 seconds before Rousey had her tapping, so it wasn't like people really their money's worth if I recall correctly.
            Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 07-13-2017, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Correct if I'm wrong, but it almost appears as if the cap was going to miss whether he moved or not.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
                Watch Ortiz vs. Mayweather.

Comment

Floyd is gonna tap that A$$, 10th round TKO

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                    Watch Ortiz vs. Mayweather.
                    I'll rewatch. I remember him using the check hook against Ortiz and walking him down in spots but not the pull counter. That's a dangerous punch to use versus a lefty, especially since he tends to duck out and over to his right which is their left. IT makes more sense as the right coming over the left jab.

Are we talking a traditional counter versus a pull counter?

Comment

Working...
                    X