Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The two main factors preventing the UK from becoming the new 'Mecca of Boxing'.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The two main factors preventing the UK from becoming the new 'Mecca of Boxing'.

1) Tax Rules for Non-Resident athletes

Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs taxes the earnings by overseas athletes from appearance fees and prize money at 50 per cent. It also taxes athletes on a proportion of their global endorsement income.

The number of days a foreign athlete spends training and competing in Britain in a year is divided by the total number of days the athlete trains and competes around the world. HMRC uses the figure to calculate the percentage of global income that is taxable.

2) PPV Price

UK PPV prices of $20-25 vs US PPV prices of $50-75, means that for every 1 PPV sold in the US, an equivalent 2 or even 3 PPV's need to be sold, to match the PPV revenue generated.

Are there any others?

god damn muzzys?

Comment

Europe, the UK included, is already the center of the heavyweight world.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        Europe, the UK included, is already the center of the heavyweight world.
        Only in your mind.

Comment

Shady officiating, the UK is perceived to have corrupt judges and referees. If I'm foreign I ain't fighting there unless its for a hefty purse or ppv.

The Warren and Hearn cards are clearly bent.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
            Shady officiating, the UK is perceived to have corrupt judges and referees. If I'm foreign I ain't fighting there unless its for a hefty purse or ppv.

^ Someone had to say it. Judging in the states can be questionable but it's the same in MMA and it's not to the point where I think corruption is rampant.
            I've nothing against the UK, some of my fave fighters have been from there, but there's some blatant home cooking taking place and we'd be fools to ignore it. Even the previously fair and honest British commentary crews seem to be turning a blind eye to it now.
            Last edited by Redd Foxx; 01-31-2017, 03:44 PM.

Comment

pretty soon there will be no taxes in the united states(for rich people and corporations) so boxing is here to stay. JOB CREATORS

Comment

Terrible weather and bad food.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  ^ Someone had to say it. Judging in the states can be questionable but it's the same in MMA and it's not to the point where I think corruption is rampant.
                  I've nothing against the UK, some of my fave fighters have been from there, but there's some blatant home cooking taking place and we'd be fools to ignore it. Even the previously fair and honest British commentary crews seem to be turning a blind eye to it now.
                  Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post

i assume you didnt watch ward kovalev, williams lara or bradley pacquiao 1

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                    i assume you didnt watch ward kovalev, williams lara or bradley pacquiao 1
                    Ward/Kovalev; get over it. The right guy won but it was close and I respect that it could have gone the other way.

Williams/Lara; that was years ago and seemed to be pure incompetence (the judges were suspended and re-educated IIRC). Some judges just go with who they think is going to win.

Bradley/Pac; I'll give you that one. Possibly incompetence, but it's a real head-scratcher as Bradley had no momentum with the fans and was never really given a push after that. Hard to say WTF happened there but I won't argue with anyone who says it was corruption.

Comment

Working...
                    X