Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner Plans To Impress: The Best is Yet To Come!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ponce vs. Broner fight was an evenly matchup a couple years ago where there was a veterann fighter against an up and comer who may not of been legally old enough to drink yet. But if Broner and Ponce fought today, Broner would slaughter him. There is no need in those two fighting again. It will forever go down as the first fight that Broner had trouble in and considered a "gift" decision. But from here on out, he will be fighting better fighters after Paulie. He will have his work cutout for him at 140. He just may want to stay at 147 as he would be the quickest in the division and he will bring some power. He may even catch a 37 or 38 year old Mayweather for his final fight.

I don't understand why people don't like him when all he is doing is promoting himself. The way he act is so people will want to see him fight, whether they want to see him win or lose, people will pay to see him fight. If he was not so flamboyant, he would not be making the kind of money or have the type of popularity that he has now. I'm looking forward to a Bradley vs. Broner fight anyways.

Comment

His management is doing a great job increasing his challenges at a good pace and allowing him to grow and mature physically! (not so much mentally hahaha)

If you notice his upper body is pretty big and I'll guess they don't want to much more size there because he's better off maturing naturally into welter rather than being forced to go there or stress to make a lower weight!!

I believe their stratigy is to challenge this kid when he's 25yrs old! I think its the right move considering how he's developed as a fighter and his body type!
      Everyone isn't the same and theres no one way to develop a fighter!
      He's fought some decent guys at appropriate times and Paulie can be a test of sorts. That does depend alot on Paulie however. If Paulie can stand up in the first 4 rounds and can keep Adrian at bay enough to possibly get him reaching and rushing there maybe lessons to be learned!!!

I like Adrians team in the gym, he has a very good trainer and support team so that makes me think you'll see some boxing from Adrian early to catch up to Paulie and try to get close engagments without "rushing" the action.

If Paulie tries to fight this kid and stand in front the night will close out early!
      Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
        Broner is going to beat the **** out of Paulie and everyone else around his weight. Matthysse can't beat him, Rios can't, Alvarado, Berto, Maidana, Garcia, Alexander...none of them at 140 or 147 can beat him. I'd pick Broner to beat Canelo. Word up!
        Whats wrong with you guys, yall rather live in fantasy world word up.

Reese was getting in broner ass, Escobedo stuck it out in there with broner for what 5 rounds and broner was basically a 154 pounder that night against a 130lber lol and he still couldent drop Escobedo the way Guerrero did, Demarco went 8 rounds with him eating all those punches like skittles broner power is not all that and his skills arent all that either, against over matched undersized oppenents he looks amazing I give you that.

But against a even matched sized oppenent I say he doesnt fair that well, we already seen what a game oppenent with some skills and will can do I.E. Ponce, Quintero who all believe beat broner, he didnt even hurt them once.

Now you telling me, broner can run through all of 140'lb without a hiccup, boy please get his dick out your ass and put it in your mouth to save you from saying dumb shit again.

Broner is a great talent yes, but he is riding a hype that is off a string of mediocre wins.
        Last edited by Rifa; 05-28-2013, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
          Broner is going to beat the **** out of Paulie and everyone else around his weight. Matthysse can't beat him, Rios can't, Alvarado, Berto, Maidana, Garcia, Alexander...none of them at 140 or 147 can beat him. I'd pick Broner to beat Canelo. Word up!
          Aren't you the same tard who made a thread moments before Lucas-Peterson claiming Lucas was going to get knocked out cold??

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
            Only in boxing were a fighter is not allowed to improve. The kid was 19-20 years old and fought a guy with 43 pro fights. And it was only Broners 20th pro fight. Who would you take today Broner or Ponce?
            You say improve I say level of competition have dropped.

Comment

Must comment on a thought that
              Rees was doing well for a few rounds!!
              That was done by design, Broner let Rees come close and he "let" him throw some shots!! Broner didn't reply and just kept studying him and learning.
              Now you don't do this method without feeling the guys power and making damn sure your not getting caught. He gave Rees a little bit of "false hope" and then closed the door on him. As Rees said after the fight "I've never been hit that hard"!

So lets not be falsely lead by Broner trapping of Rees think he was getting handled! No one expected Rees to even do well and that match was NOT in Broners best interest but the date was booked and Broner needed to fight!
              Ray.

Comment

Ofcourse you are gonna look like a beast when you're fighting feather fisted opponents. I wanna see him against a guy that can hit. Against a decent puncher in de leon he looked like **** and his power was no where to be found.

When he's fighting these light punchers he is just overpowering them with size and planting his feet throwing with full power. When he get's pressured by guys that hit hard he looks ordinary.

Comment

Based on the level of opposition Broner has been facing his handlers aren't quite as overly optimistic as some of the fans are.

Comment

Originally posted by sk819 View Post
                    paulie is a hand picked fight. he is moving up 2 weight classes just to fight him then will most likely drop down again. thats the definition of hand picked
                    Who exactly do you propose Broner should be fighting this summer?

Comment

Originally posted by sk819 View Post
                      paulie is a hand picked fight. he is moving up 2 weight classes just to fight him then will most likely drop down again. thats the definition of hand picked
                      Handpicking a champion. An experienced champion while moving up 2 weight classes. Some sort credit is deserving.

Comment

Working...
                      X