No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach on Pacquiao's Loss, Retirement, Ring Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roach on Pacquiao's Loss, Retirement, Ring Return

Manny Pacquiao suffered one of the toughest losses of his career as he was knocked out cold by long time rival Juan Manuel Marquez in their fourth fight over a week ago. While Pacquiao lost, what is almost forgotten is that he was actually winning the fight and having one of the better performances we’ve seen from him in quite some time.

BoxingScene caught up with trainer Freddie Roach and he agreed that while Pacquiao did get caught, he still fought a good fight.

[Click Here To Read More]

Pretty much exactly what I seen. Manny was fighting a great fight, he had that fire back to really beat up JMM, and in his haste, literally jumped into one.

It will be VERY interesting to see how he comes back after this though. Does he keep that kind of fire going, or does he revert back to the style of how he looked against Mosley and Timmy?

Comment

i dont think he can recover from that. his chin has been cracked open brutally and usually fighters dont recover from such a knock out. it would be great to see him ko rios and just retire. marquez should retire also both are warriors.

Comment

I agree that Pac looked fine and imo looked like he was on his way to a tko win before Marquez timed him perfectly and he walked into the right. I wasnt looking forward to the 4th fight that much but ill glady pay the 65 dollars to watch the 5th fight.

Comment

Originally posted by sk819 View Post
          i dont think he can recover from that. his chin has been cracked open brutally and usually fighters dont recover from such a knock out. it would be great to see him ko rios and just retire. marquez should retire also both are warriors.

I agree.

Maybe one or two more fights and then retire. Even if he recovers from the KO his style in general doesn't go well with aging, it'd be sad to see another great fighter stick around for too long.

Comment

It was the best fight i have ever seen, two great warriors, Marquez gained a fan of me, Im now a fan of both, boxing needs Pacquiao to be face of boxing, he shouldn't retire yet.

Comment

Manny wasn't fighting a great fight. He was more aggressive and looked better offensively. Defensively he was pretty effin terrible. When you get put on your ass twice (once on your back, once on your face) within six rounds, and end up KTFO, you didn't fight a great fight.

Comment

He looked damn good until that one punch. He was dominating a fight in which he recovered from a knockdown. By no means did he looked finished. Moronic haters will say his chin is cracked and is done. Ignore these people as they are idiots. I think he needs a good long rest, and just time to relax with family. I think hell be just fine.

Comment

I agree boys... pac did look good...actually the best he has looked since the margarito fight..marquez really learned alot from all those rds and is in my opinion the next best counter puncher in the game behind floyd...manny and marquez are such different fighters yet such equal talents...ali vs frazier style...i think part five is thet best option for both...as well as the richest...respect both guys alot!
                  beamer408

Comment

Nobody is mentioning that he was dropped clean earlier. I've never even seen PacMan get hurt before and he got dropped by a very wide right early in the fight and then knocked out cold. If you dont see a decline you're kidding yourself, it was more than just one punch.

Comment

Working...
                    X