Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why won't Pacquiao move to Welterweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
    All the bestowed accolades that Pacquiao was given will only matter as long as he doesn't get in the ring with Floyd.

Arum, Roach and Manny know that nothing they've done will matter if:

1 - they take the USADA tests and come up dirty

or 2 - Floyd beats Manny's asss.

Marquez already did it twice and Marquez is not the boxer than Floyd is. He's admitted as much. Pacquiao has come up with everything from USADA being dirty to fighting Floyd being against his principles to being afraid of needles despite having tattoos to him not being in charge of who he fights next.

He can run, but Pacquiao cannot hide. And all of his writer awards won't save his asss if he finds the courage to get into the ring.

Peasant arguments isn't that Pacquiao has done more or fought better opponents. No, instead their entire argument is that Pacquiao has been given more awards and plaques.

See what will count more among historians if Pacquiao keeps ducking the fight with Floyd.
    I stopped after reading....

What the fuc k! Are you kidding me? MP afraid of May? Did you ask around? Ahhh. You're a floydiot, that's why the delusions. Cant argue. Im not detached to reality.

LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by tatangb45 View Post
      Moron, you clearly stated 5 vacant titles out of 8.

Here's the list:
      1) 12/4/98 - C. Sasakul ko8 - lineal & WBC flyweight
      2) 12/18/99 - R. Jamili ko2 - WBC International Super Bantamweight
      3) 6/23/01 - L. Ledwaba ko6 - IBF Super Bantamweight
      4) 11/15/03 - M. A. Barrera tko11 - Ring Featherweight
      5) 9/10/05 - H. Velazquez tko6 - vacant WBC International Super Feahterweight
      6) 3/15/08 - J. M. Marquez sd - WBC Super Featherweight
      7) 6/28/08 - D. Diaz tko9 - WBC Lightweight
      8) 5/2/09 - R. Hatton ko2 - IBO LWW
      9) 11/14/09 - M. Cotto tko12 - WBO & WBC WW
      10) 11/13/10 - A. Margarito ud - vacant WBC SWW

Jamili, Diaz & Cotto titles were not vacant.
      With Marquez, the WBC SF was not vacant.

Only 2 out of 10 were actually vacant.

YOU LIED!!
      They absolutely were.

Of the 5, Diaz was an interim champion who held an interim belt. He was NOT a legitimate champion. He was not a reigning champion.

Cotto had just been destroyed when Arum set up a match between him and Michael Jennings for the VACANT WBO belt. Cotto won and lost that vacant belt to Pacquiao in the very next match. Cotto was NOT a legitimate champion to pass on a legitimate championship to Pacquiao.

The match against Jamili was simply a fight for a vacant belt.
      See it for yourself:

http://filipino.magnify.net/video/Pa...amili-12-12-99

Again: http://www.crystalna.com/video/71Ecj...te-Jamili.html

Again: http://www.boxingscene.com/manny-pac...er-asia--20122

Anyone with half a brain could check it out for themselves. Then again, we are talking about Putatang here.

This was all explained in my previous post.

My post laid it all out. The only thing my post did not mention was that the last time Pacquiao faced a top 3 champion was in 2008 against Marquez. What has he been doing in the last 3 years?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
        They absolutely were.

Of the 5, Diaz was an interim champion who held an interim belt. He was NOT a legitimate champion. He was not a reigning champion.

Cotto had just been destroyed when Arum set up a match between him and Michael Jennings for the VACANT WBO belt. Cotto won and lost that vacant belt to Pacquiao in the very next match. Cotto was NOT a legitimate champion to pass on a legitimate championship to Pacquiao.

The match against Jamili was simply a fight for a vacant belt.
        See it for yourself:

http://filipino.magnify.net/video/Pa...amili-12-12-99

Again: http://www.crystalna.com/video/71Ecj...te-Jamili.html

Again: http://www.boxingscene.com/manny-pac...er-asia--20122

Anyone with half a brain could check it out for themselves. Then again, we are talking about Putatang here.

This was all explained in my previous post.

My post laid it all out. The only thing my post did not mention was that the last time Pacquiao faced a top 3 champion was in 2008 against Marquez. What has he been doing in the last 3 years?
        Ok, let's give you the Jamili fight. That's three out of ten.

Diaz won the interim title on 8/12/06. He was awarded the title when the champion Casamayor was stripped of the tile for not fighting Diaz.

Cotto won the vacant title, not Manny. When Cotto won it , it ceased to be vacant.

3 out of 10 is a far cry from 5 out of 8.

YOU LIED, MORON!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Nature Boy View Post
          Re-hydrating overnight as much as 10-15 pounds against guys like Morales in 06, is a good indicator that Pacquiao was the naturally bigger guy to begin with. All of the sudden, he move up and fights guys like Diaz, Hatton, and De La Hoya and becomes the same size.

All this proves, is Pacquiao could of been comfortably competing at 135 or even 140 years earlier, when there were guys like Diaz, CasaMayor, Corrales, and Castillo all slugging it out in 06-07.
          ok. if paquiao was rehydrating that much weight before his fights with morales and barrera... wouldnt that make him.... WAIT FOR IT.... WAIT FOR IT..... wouldnt that make him.... DRAINED?!

or does that theory only work when a big guy cuts weight to fight pacquiao?

you're so blinded with hate that you dont even realize you're contradicting yourself. listen to what you're saying.

pacquiao walks around at 144. you seen it yourself on 24/7, he was force fed because he was getting too small. cotto, margarito, odlh (who i might add came in as a 3/1 favorite, he was supposed to beat the **** out of pac. but you forgot that huh?), clottey are all atleast 160 come fight night.

and guess what? they did what almost all fighters do. they cut weight and re hydrated. just like what pacquiao did at super feather... or was he drained?!?!?!

Comment

• Originally posted by tatangb45 View Post
            Ok, let's give you the Jamili fight. That's three out of ten.

Diaz won the interim title on 8/12/06. He was awarded the title when the champion Casamayor was stripped of the tile for not fighting Diaz.

Cotto won the vacant title, not Manny. When Cotto won it , it ceased to be vacant.

3 out of 10 is a far cry from 5 out of 8.

YOU LIED, MORON!
            You are not giving me ****. I'm the one who told ou about Diaz and Cotto.

Just because Arum sets it up for his fighters to get vacant titles to seem more accomplished doesn't mean that it legitimizes the fraudulent effort. Cotto wasn't a champion. Cotto wasn't in line for that title. He had just lost a huge fight. It was a set up by Arum. Just like Margarito wasn't in line to compete for the 154lb title. That too was a set up by Arum.

Just because a guy fights for a vacant title doesn't legitimize it.

Cotto had just beaten someone NONE OF YOU have ever heard of for a vacant title. The title was bull****, and so is Pacquiao's claim to be a legitimate champion because he took a vacant title from Cotto which Cotto should not have even had at that point.

Any honest poster would admit that. Of course YOU won't. Same with Diaz. Beating a interim champion does not make you a legitimate champion. At what point was Diaz a legitimate champion?

Cotto was set up with a vacant belt to lose to Manny. Its was a ****ty conflict of interests when they set that match up.

Its doesn't matter. Real fans know that real champions must beat other real champions to become real champions themselves. Pacquiao has not done that since Marquez and even then the wins are VERY questionable.

His record tells the story.

5 vacant titles ... he faced no champion to get them. The real champion had vacated those belts so Pacquiao targeted them.

In 5 different divisions there was better competition, but Pacquiao picked the weakest link. I don't care if it was Pacquio or one of the guys his promoter set up to face Pacquiao, a vacant belt is a vacant belt. An interim champion is still an interim champion.

Shortcuts and bull**** will only get you but so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
              He just weighed in at 144lbs on Saturday night against Barrera, Welterweight is 3lbs north of that with much better competition including Mosley, De La Hoya, Mayweather, Hatton(if he stays there), Cotto, Cintron, and Williams.

I post this question because I keep reading Pacquiao fans saying Pac would annihilate Mayweather, if so, why not move up?

The only real fights left in his division is a Marquez rematch, and a war with Katsidis. Guzman is an overrated hype job who will get KTFO when he steps up in competition like Rey Bautista did, and he hasn't even earned a shot at Manny.

So why not just move up? The competition is there, the fights are there, and if he wants to be considered an all time great, his legacy requires it.
              good call!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by southpaw!! View Post
                ok. if paquiao was rehydrating that much weight before his fights with morales and barrera... wouldnt that make him.... WAIT FOR IT.... WAIT FOR IT..... wouldnt that make him.... DRAINED?!

you're so blinded with hate that you dont even realize you're contradicting yourself. listen to what you're saying.

pacquiao walks around at 144. you seen it yourself on 24/7, he was force fed because he was getting too small. cotto, margarito, odlh (who i might add came in as a 3/1 favorite, he was supposed to beat the **** out of pac. but you forgot that huh?), clottey are all atleast 160 come fight night.

and guess what? they did what almost all fighters do. they cut weight and re hydrated. just like what pacquiao did at super feather... or was he drained?!?!?!
                Floyd winning the title from Ortiz by means of elbow punches and sucker punches was far more worst you can imagine than Pac winning the title against Diaz and Cotto.

Comment

• Originally posted by southpaw!! View Post
                  Originally posted by southpaw!! View Post

Just because some fighters can maximize the amount of water weight they lose, and fight at lower weight classes doesn't mean there not naturally bigger or stronger than the guys they face. There is a difference between muscle density and muscle mass, so in short all muscles are not created equal. I don't have time to give you a science class on hypertrophy, but will leave you with these parting words...

You have no idea on what the hell your talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Nature Boy View Post
                    [B]

Just because some fighters can maximize the amount of water weight they lose, and fight at lower weight classes doesn't mean there not naturally bigger or stronger than the guys they face. There is a difference between muscle density and muscle mass, so in short all muscles are not created equal. I don't have time to give you a science class on hypertrophy, but will leave you with these parting words...

You have no idea on what the hell your talking about.
                    so was pacquiao drained against morales and barrera?

being 5 lbs heavier makes him that much bigger? or is he a weight drained welterweight taking on super feathers? which is it?
                    Last edited by southpaw!!; 10-05-2011, 12:12 AM.

Comment

• because if he is the same size as cotto and mosley. when he fought morales and barrera.. he must of been weight drained, and still won.

which is it nature boy? or you just contradicting yourself again?

Comment

Working...
                      X