No announcement yet.

First Sikh Boxer In Britain Wins Award

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Sikh Boxer In Britain Wins Award

Akaash Bhatia, the UK’s first professional Sikh Boxer, won the award for the ‘Most Up and Coming Sports Personality of the Year’ at the prestigious Sony Entertainment Television Asia Sports Personality of the Year Awards on Saturday night. [details]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Akaash Bhatia, the UK’s first professional Sikh Boxer, won the award for the ‘Most Up and Coming Sports Personality of the Year’ at the prestigious Sony Entertainment Television Asia Sports Personality of the Year Awards on Saturday night. [details]
    i wonder if they let him bring his ceremonial dagger into the ring

Comment

Originally posted by dr filth View Post
      i wonder if they let him bring his ceremonial dagger into the ring
      wtf are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by rooq View Post
        wtf are you talking about?
        Sikhs always carry a small dagger around with them.

Comment

Originally posted by The Raging Bull View Post
          Sikhs always carry a small dagger around with them.

i dont think so but the wear the turban it a must for them to wear it and not to cut any hair

Comment

Originally posted by eazy_mas View Post
            i dont think so but the wear the turban it a must for them to wear it and not to cut any hair
            In R.E (religious education) we have been taught that they carry a small dagger in their turban.

Comment

Originally posted by The Raging Bull View Post
              In R.E (religious education) we have been taught that they carry a small dagger in their turban.
              why is that?

and why are they teaching you RE is it compulsory because Britian is a multi cultral coutry or something

Comment

Originally posted by eazy_mas View Post
                why is that?

and why are they teaching you RE is it compulsory because Britian is a multi cultral coutry or something
                he's joking.

they don't carry it in their turban. anyway, kash tha bash doesn't wear a turban.

Comment

I go to a Catholic school so R.E is compulsory; and I wasn't joking or lying.

Devout Sikh men wear the kirpan (a traditional small sword) as part of their religious faith. The kirpan is one of five symbols of Sikhism.

Comment

And here is a link:

http://www.oxfordsikhs.com/SikhAwareness/91.aspx

Comment

Working...
                    X