Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin: Real Mexican Style Fighters Do Not Run!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imagine 2 boxers going backwards the whole fight and 0 punches thrown... of course you award the aggressor who lands more punches dummy!

Comment

Please Canelo stand there so I don't keep hitting the ropes.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
        Golovkin had a **** load of Mexican fans in that Arena last night. They booed the hell out of the decision.
        And the crazy part about it is that they were cheering for Canelo the whole fight! Real recognize real!

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
          Please Canelo stand there so I don't keep hitting the ropes.
          haha dude let loose that jab while canelo was on the ropes! He caught fright when Canelo was in front of him. I also find it funny when he says real mexaican fighters don't run....till Andre Ward knocks on his door. He's such a fraud picking on bums as soon as he has to step up catches fits with his D league power.

GGG AVERAGE AS F.U.CK!

Comment

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
            this mexican style gimmick has to stop.. what idiot would block punches with their face and throw haymakers with gg for 12 rounds?
            I think the idea is to be the aggressor and show heart not to get hit

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
              haha dude let loose that jab while canelo was on the ropes! He caught fright when Canelo was in front of him. I also find it funny when he says real mexaican fighters don't run....till Andre Ward knocks on his door. He's such a fraud picking on bums as soon as he has to step up catches fits with his D league power.

GGG AVERAGE AS F.U.CK!
              Nah Canelo just had nice D

Comment

All these casuals think it's easy work chasing a marathon runner. Canelo is a joke, showed absolutely nothing, who runs and gets hit that much.

Comment

I think that GGG' s quote was referring to Canelo potentially running from a rematch not actually running during the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by noStylez View Post
                    All these casuals think it's easy work chasing a marathon runner. Canelo is a joke, showed absolutely nothing, who runs and gets hit that much.
                    This casual riding so hard on GGG over rated power turn bi.tch mode when their hero has to step up from the D league.

You know nothing about boxing! Your b.i.tch got a good pair of legs running from Andre Ward! FACT!

Comment

• Originally posted by Goyotronico View Post
                      Even if Canelo connected some of the cleaner punches, Golovkin conected more, you dont wint fights being the agressor or the one who throws more punches, you win by connecting more punches and Golovkin did land more punches than Canelo, it was a war and to both I give props, I'm still amazed at how does Canelo rehydrates so much, even being a MW match he did look bigger bulkier than Golovkin and I'm not making excuses or anything, just amazed on how he gains weight in that short time, also give props to Canelo resiliency, he CAN take punches, and to the people who say Golovkin is one dimensional I say they need to get their eyes verified, if that where true, Canelo would have walked Golovkin down, Canelo is a great counter puncher and has great head movement and made Golovkin miss some punches, still Golovkin knows how to pick his punches and went there and gave all, connecting more punches and having Canelo on the back foot most of the fight, I did see Golovkin win this fight, it wasnt that difficult to judge it, Golovkin for the most part had a steady agressive pace, Canelo was having success on the first 30 secs to 1 min on most rounds. Great fight, the outcome not so great, is was not a DRAW, it was not a 110-118 fight, it was a we dont want our cash cow Canelo to have anothe L on his record, and if it was scored correctly, I would still give Canelo credit for his great performance, better than all the other MW's, except Jacobs, wich I think they are evenly matched leaning a bit more to Jacobs.
                      Scoring criteria isn't just connected punches son!

It's about effective aggression, clean punches, defense and ring generalship!

Canelo is the counter puncher who fights off the backfoot vs GGG is a pressure power puncher who supposed to cut off the ring!

This was supposed to be easy work for GGG due to Canelo's "cement feet" but as it showed Canelo was 2 steps ahead of him in what he wanted to do!

You name it and Canelo did it!

When Canelo wanted to sit in the pocket and unleash uppercuts and hooks to the body and head... he did it!.

When Canelo wanted to counter off the ropes...he did it!

When he wanted to walk to secure better angles and vary his approach of levels in punching...he did it!

When he wanted GGG to reset his rhythm by circling him or throwing combos....he did it!

Making GGG honest about the bodyshots? He did it!

Those are all apart of ring generalship which got NO credit from media,some fellow boxers and fans of course!

This was no war, this was a boxing match which favored Canelo who's the boxer and the pressure fighter GGG favors the war which it was not!

Folks see what they want to see even when it's not there!

Canelo should've won or a draw is cool but when I hear GGG say Canelo ran that means he was frustrated and did not enforce his will in the squared circle(no pun intended) like he should've!

DisAbeled Sanchez is a joke, I heard no good instructions and was telling GGG the same thing!

GGG should be glad for a draw since it sets him up for another career high pay day and he can retire after being outboxed AGAIN by the smaller man who was making his 160 debut!

GGG one of the biggest hyped up fighters of modern times!

Comment

Working...
                      X