No announcement yet.

Ronda Rousey vs. Amanda Nunes - UFC 207

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revelated View Post
    She was in shape. But she came out hesitant. Once she got caught, that was all she wrote.

I can take the L, Nunes fought smart - she just started throwing when she saw Rousey back off just a little. Congrats to her.
    Rousey played it all wrong from the moment she got tagged. Holding her hands in the wrong places, moving straight back, kept her head straight up and chin out.

Dam that was just bad...

Comment

Notice my last sentence. I said IF Nunes overpunches, she gets tapped. Nunes didn't over punch because she was landing flush and Rousey walked back.

Comment

Damn I hate that Cruz caught a L tonight. But f#ck man his intelligence about the situation & acceptance with the loss should be a blueprint on how more guys should take an L & more along the lines of how boxing fans should consider losses vs their harsh stances of L's these days.

Also its a interesting contrast to see guys like Conor & Cruz contending with being 2nd best on a particular night with maturity vs Ronda being 2nd best on two nights in a row now & how petty & I'd argue almost disrespectful to the sport & karma at large with basking in the glory when everything is going her way, but running away when things aren't going her way. I hope she gets out of the sport at this point as I think she's too toxic of a personality & too immature to be involved in a competitive sport at a elite level.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Damn I hate that Cruz caught a L tonight. But f#ck man his intelligence about the situation & acceptance with the loss should be a blueprint on how more guys should take an L & more along the lines of how boxing fans should consider losses vs their harsh stances of L's these days.

Also its a interesting contrast to see guys like Conor & Cruz contending with being 2nd best on a particular night with maturity vs Ronda being 2nd best on two nights in a row now & how petty & I'd argue almost disrespectful to the sport & karma at large with basking in the glory when everything is going her way, but running away when things aren't going her way. I hope she gets out of the sport at this point as I think she's too toxic of a personality & too immature to be involved in a competitive sport at a elite level.
          She has always been this way. People forget she quit Judo the same way after taking an L in the Olympics. She also tried to make a comeback as well and lost pretty bad in the one tournament she entered after the Olympics. All this after her coach Pedro had all his plans for her in 2012 and even got her a prestigious job in Japan making money with judo matches. Rhonda quit that, pissed off the entire USA Judo org and became a bartender.

Then she entered MMA. She will never ever fight again. That is her personality.

Pedro then shifted into coaching Kayla Harrison. She went on to win the first US gold in 2012 and then won gold again in 2016. Kayla is now in MMA and is seen as a role model because she also overcame sexual abuse from her first judo coach.
          Last edited by ( . Y . ); 12-31-2016, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
            she was always will be overrated. Fake martial artist
            You don't know **** about MMA.

Some of you guys act like you have no understanding how things work in a super competitive individual sport. There are gonna be more mfers who end up 2nd best who are great fighters or who were great fighters at some point than most of you guys can grasp.

In fact I think part of the problem with people who **** on people after they lose cuz they don't understand competition is that many of those same type of people also helped hype them into being "super human" or "unbeatable" status when they were on their winning streak cuz again they don't understand how fickle competitive individual sports can be or how short your reign at the top can be.

Very few people get to the top & even fewer stay at the top for any impressive duration of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              You don't know **** about MMA.

Some of you guys act like you have no understanding how things work in a super competitive individual sport. There are gonna be more mfers who end up 2nd best who are great fighters or who were great fighters at some point than most of you guys can grasp.

In fact I think part of the problem with people who **** on people after they lose cuz they don't understand competition is that many of those same type of people also helped hype them into being "super human" or "unbeatable" status when they were on their winning streak cuz again they don't understand how fickle competitive individual sports can be or how short your reign at the top can be.

Very few people get to the top & even fewer stay at the top for any impressive duration of time.
              Please I know more about martial arts than you do.

Ive been ****tin on rousey well before she lost so go that way.

Comment

Originally posted by ( . Y . ) View Post
                She has always been this way. People forget she quit Judo the same way after taking an L in the Olympics. She also tried to make a comeback as well and lost pretty bad in the one tournament she entered after the Olympics. All this after her coach Pedro had all his plans for her in 2012 and even got her a prestigious job in Japan making money with judo matches. Rhonda quit that, pissed off the entire USA Judo org and became a bartender.

Then she entered MMA. She will never ever fight again. That is her personality.
                I didn't know she attempted a judo comeback, but I know the rest of the story & know she didn't take L's well. But I mean people mature & change. I remember being at a Michigan Golden Gloves tournament where Anthony Dirrell lost & threw his 2nd place trophy on the ground at a similar age as Ronda at the Olympics. When he lost as a pro several years later he didn't act quite as immature.

Comment

Well, she can't take punch anymore, Amanda's shot froze Rousey in her tracks. Reminds of Roy Jones after his loss to Tarver. Still a great career.

I was surprised Cruz never made adjustments for the exchanges. Cody was always catching him between his wide shots. I had it even going into the 5th, but Cody had the momentum. Listening to his post fight, I had the impression Cruz is in no hurry for a rematch.

Comment

At the end of the day this sport moves by FAST with fighters who pass you by , Rouseys dominance is in the books but no one has long winning streaks forever in UFC . No one has even defended the HW belt more than twice . You get the Silvas and Jones but were talking two people and JJ is the only one who never lost in UFC competing several years ,so its not really a shock at all if you know how the sport works .

This isnt boxing ,minor adjustments to anyone and bam their a champion again ,weve already seen this with McGregor ,ive seen this with many fighters but you ARE going to lose maybe even get punched out of the sport ,how many times was Overeem knocked senseless ?

Coming back to fight the best fighter after a long layoff loss is never smart along with a piss poor game plan , it took many power punches to get her ,and even taking ONE and still standing directly in front of Nunes not TRYING to set up any throws or anything to not stand blow for blow tells me her trainers are incompetent!

Comment

Originally posted by bigjavi973 View Post
                      Please I know more about martial arts than you do.

Ive been ****tin on rousey well before she lost so go that way.
                      I just know you talk like someone who doesn't know **** about MMA & more importantly competition & how fickle reigns & legacies can be in competitive individual sports.

You are in good company doe cuz many boxing fans seem to think losing can erase accomplishments & show "exposure" more than its simply being 2nd best on a particular night.

Comment

Working...
                      X